5.05.2007

Pants

From January 3, 2007:

I have a pair of jeans. They don't fit. I tried them on about 2 weeks ago to verify that. As a joke, I tried them on last night. As I was telling Becky that I couldn't even get them past my butt last time I tried them on, I realized they were at my waist, and I was buttoning them up. I wore them the rest of the night, and I'll be putting them back on later.

I haven't worn these jeans in at LEAST three years.

I claim a victory.

So, I'm wearing these jeans today. I was talking to Beck about how I wish they were a little more loose, as I was putting them on.

"This is how I'll know I need 40's," I began. "When I can slide these off without unbuttoning them."

I then buttoned them, and began to slide my belt on. Then I noticed something.

To test the theory that had formed in my head, I attempted to slide my size 42 Levi's off, while keeping them buttoned and zipped.

Not a problem. Those puppies slid off like tux pants on prom night (I never went to a prom, but I've heard stories).

So, allow me to make the following statement: I wear size 40 jeans.

For the first time since right after I was married, in 2002.

Next stop: 38.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

If anyone here has stock in "Big and Tall", sell now.

Of course, if you have just "Tall", keep your stock.

Nice work, man. THAT is the kind of proof we all need.