5.15.2007

Steady As She Goes

Weighed in at 305.6 again today, which I'll take. Not a lot to say, so I thought I'd post some random pictures of me from 5 years ago.

Me at 270-ish


I think when I get to 290, I'm going to have a very similar build to the one I had when I was 270 before. I'm stronger now, my arms and chest are bigger - more muscle, in general. I feel like I look pretty similar to these pictures right now. That means my new 260 is gonna be hawt and sexy, baby. Maybe.

Another quickie here: From 4-14 to 5-11, I lost - wait for it - .06 pounds. Yes. POINT-ZERO-SIX POUNDS in one month. Six Hundredths of a Pound. That sucks. But, my measurements were crazy. I lost .5" in my neck, .7" in my chest, .5" in my waist, and a full inch in my thigh. Even though I didn't lose any weight, April was one of my most active months - walks, sprints, sparring, push ups, etc.

Yet more proof that you can't judge change based only on a scale's reading.

Keeping in mind I was also eating roughly 400 too many calories every day, meaning that my 2-3 cheat meals were likely putting weight on. Already I've lost almost three pounds this month, and that's with our not-so-healthy weekend. For the first time in several weeks, I feel confident about seeing a 299 on the scale soon.

My calories are riding steady. My diet is spot-on. And if we can avoid hail and tornadoes tonight, I'll be back out walking/jogging tonight. I feel good about things.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to compare then/now since you don't have any tux pics now, but I dare say you look about the same...only older. Damn, you look like a kid! Anyway, you looked good then...and look even better now. ;)

Rob Tucker said...

You know, if you look at the difference between the pics in this post, and the one in your profile picture, which I assume is pretty recent, there's really not much of a difference. If anything, you can tell there's a lot more muscle in the updated ones.

You're getting there, and doing a great job at it.