5.11.2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Well, today is my (and Beck's, of course) 5th Anniversary.

It's been an awful, stressful, nightmare-ish five years.

Not because of Becky, mind you.

No, in fact, she (and the girls) is the only reason I made it through all of the crap we've had to endure over the last few years. So, thank you, Beck. I LITERALLY could not have made it without you.

To celebrate our Anniversary, Beck and I are ditching the kids until Sunday morning, and we'll be going to the Westin near Boulder. We're going to see a movie. We're going to eat at The Rock Bottom Brewery. We're going to hit the batting cages. We're going to spar in our hotel room. We're going to SLEEP IN. Should be a fun 2 days.

On the weight-loss side of things, I am oh so back on track. I (without really trying) stayed around 1,900 calories yesterday, plus Beck and I sparred for an hour last night. The result was my 5th day in a row of steady weight loss, and my second-lowest weigh-in to date - 305.6. My average is back in the 306's, after three weeks of being as high as 309+.

As much as I might like to say "it's a special occasion, let's eat anything we want, no matter how bad it is!", I'll actually be saying "it's a special occasion, that turkey burger on wheat looks good." Truth is? I'm fine with that. Just because we have a built-in excuse to eat like crap doesn't mean we HAVE to. Might we cheat a little bit? Sure. But we're not going to derail our efforts because it's our anniversary. Instead, we keep the health train rolling, and we ensure that we have several more anniversaries than we would have had if we didn't make these changes.

So, we'll talk to you guys on Monday. Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

billy said...

"Just because we have a built-in excuse to eat like crap doesn't mean we HAVE to."

What a great attitude. That's pretty much my philosophy for going to the Bahamas as well. I may veer off a little, but I'm going to keep it reasonable.

Oh yeah, "sparring". Is that what they're calling it these days? ;)

Anonymous said...

Billy, get your mind out of the gutter! ;)

Kevin, you've been doing great. I'll be honest, I HAD the mindset of "Hey, it's our anniversary, a greasy burger and salty fries won't kill us." But your resolve to continue eating healthy (healthier)even though we have a reason to cheat is making me think differently. We make a great team.

I love you. :)

Suz said...

Happy anniversary you two and congrats on the downward scales!!

Shalynn said...

Ahh yes, happy anniversary!

Lacy said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a great weekend!