5.29.2007

On My Way

Weigh In: 299.4 (yikes!)
5-Day: 299.28

Man, that 299.4 is as close as I ever want to be to 300, again. It's my own fault that I got that close. I wasn't active at all yesterday. I did power clean the house with Beck, and I did one, quick set of push ups, but that was about it. On top of that, I went against everything I believe, and I ate too late - a bowl of cereal at 8:30, and an apple at 9:45. I've been trying not to eat anything after 8:00 PM, and it had been working. So, that was my bad. And I didn't have anywhere near my daily water target, either. I MIGHT have had one 16 oz. glass. Not good.

But today is another day, and I'll get back on it. My aim is 2,400 calories, 5-6 glasses of water, and 100% clean eating that will stop at 8:00 PM.

Now, about this "300" number I killed a few days ago. It felt GREAT to see that first 299.4 on the scale. It was six months of fighting, and sometimes losing, tough battles to change my life. My biggest target in this has not been 260, but its been getting me out of the 300's. Being a 300-pound man while not getting paid millions of dollars to be an offensive lineman in the NFL? It's not cool. It's been downright embarrassing to me, to be honest.

But that 300 is gone, hopefully for good. If it's back, it won't be due to my failures in my diet and exercise routine. My body's fluctuations have seemed to relax a little bit, but I know from history that it could plop four pounds back on out of nowhere. So, I know that a 300 could pop back, but my goal is - obviously - to get as far away from it as I can to ensure it doesn't.

I posted about this several weeks ago, but I assumed that getting under 300 would fire me up as opposed to allowing me to relax. I was 100% right about that. I took about three days to be happy with getting under 300, and to relish the feeling of losing 60 pounds since last January, and 47 pounds since Thanksgiving. I bragged a little. I looked at myself in the mirror. I put clothes on that were big on me now, but that couldn't even fit around my big gut six months ago. I enjoyed it.

But now I see the 290's, and I realize that I am still obese. I still need to lose another 11-12% of my body weight to get to 260. I have a long way to go, though I'm now under 40 pounds left to lose. And I know that, as I get under the 25-pound-to-go level, it's only going to get tougher. For me to get where I want to be, it's going to take a renewed effort, and a re-focused approach. My determination will be tested, and I'll have to work a little harder.

But it's going to be worth it.

I'm 39.28 pounds away from my goal. If I keep the same pace I've had during the month of May, I can hit that goal in mid-September. Even if I slow down, by the time the mountain leaves start to change their colors, I'll have changed mine.

4 comments:

billy said...

Dude- Sorry I haven't been online in a while to comment on your posts, so I just saw all of this.

CONGRATS!!!

I'm so proud of you, you've accomplished so much in the face of adversity.

"39.88 pounds to go until I'm happy."

Be happy now, dude.

Anonymous said...

Six months ago, you were on a quest to lose 100 pounds. ONE-HUNDRED pounds. Now, you're focusing on less than 40. You've come a long way and I'm so proud of you!!! Shirts that barely fit you months ago are hanging off of you...and hanging off the right parts, I might add. It's so exciting to see.

Rob Tucker said...

Awesome, man. As I said in my blog last nice, you've been my pace car for 6 months. Seeing you hit that number was awesome, and I had to smile when you were talking about getting fired up for it, and your view from over this hill.

It's a bit different than what you thought - I thought I'd be thrilled at 299, but now that I'm here (still), 299's not as skinny as you thought it would be.

Keep working hard - we're both on our way. Awesome, man.

Marcol said...

60lbs...what an inspiration! Im glad to see youre getting it done and I believe with the dedication you have you wont be breaching the 300 mark again. Congrats and know there a lot of people out here cheering for you, Im one of them!!!