5.14.2007

It's a Lifestyle

That's what we were reminded of upon arriving home and weighing in just to see how much damage we had done. I am 306.4 this morning, while my last weigh-in was 305.6. So, I put on .8 pounds in just over three days.

***EDIT***
After "using the bathroom", I weighed in at 305.8. So, I'll be going with that, thanks.
***Carry On***

We didn't eat great this weekend. We had probably three meals and two snacks that we SHOULD have done without, and that we regretted eating afterwards. Now, that's out of three days worth of meals, so it could have been lots worse. Still, we know, and will be the first to admit, that we enjoyed ourselves from a food standpoint a few times.

Now, the old Becky and Kevin used to go to a hotel, turn the TV on, grab some candy, some pop, some Little Debbie's, order a pizza, get some chocolate milk, and sit there for four hours watching TV and eating. Then we would have gotten up and driven to the store to get more food. And that isn't an exaggeration.

That's not us, anymore. We spent very minimal time in our room this weekend, and that time was either early in the morning, or right before bed. We got out and made some things happen this time.

The theater is roughly 1/3 of a mile from the hotel, so we walked over to get the tickets. Then we walked to Rock Bottom, where we had dinner. Then we walked back to the hotel, where we waited for the movie to get closer to its start time. Then we walked BACK to the theater. And, of course, we walked back to the hotel afterwards.

Saturday was better. We decided not to go spend $12 on 30 minutes of batting cage time, so we went for a walk around the lake next to the hotel. The entire trail was probably about 2.25 miles-ish. But half-way around the trail was a flight of roughly 110 steps. Beck took the lead and started running the suckers. I had a sore hip for some reason, so I decided I wasn't going to run, but on her fourth time up (when she ran up the hill next to the steps, as opposed to the steps), I said 'screw it', and I chased her up. Now, I hadn't run up a steep hill like that in years, so this was a challenge for me. And it hurt. But then, I decided I was going to run back down the stairs, too. I was sucking wind, and my hip stung a little, but I felt good, people.

Later that night, we decided we'd hit the pool.

Now, keep in mind, we haven't been to a pool in a good three years. If you're ashamed of your body, taking your clothes off and hitting the pool isn't a great place to be. But there we were, in the pool. I was shirtless (sorry for the mental image) and Beck was rocking the blue bathing suit from her before pics.

*** Rabbit Trail ***

Beck looked great in that suit. In her before pics, her fat sucks up all of the fabric, and it looks like she's wearing mini-Speedo's. But her new body, almost 40 pounds lighter, looked great in there. She should be very proud. And she flexed a few times, and she's getting buff, people.

*** Back to the Blog ***

So, we decided instead of floating around and relaxing, we'd actually work. So, we raced from one end of the pool to the other a few times. And we each sat on a life preserver while the other person pulled us around, running through the pool. We worked hard, then we played. In fact, I was a little sore under my arms and on the sides of my chest the next morning.

The moral of the story is this: We cheated on our diets a little, yes. But we didn't derail ourselves. Even on our "days off" during an anniversary getaway, we worked. I put almost a full pound back on. I know that isn't great. But the point here is that those few meals I cheated with this weekend were the exception.

Our active lifestyles are the rule.

2 comments:

billy said...

"Now, the old Becky and Kevin used to go to a hotel, turn the TV on, grab some candy, some pop, some Little Debbie's, order a pizza, get some chocolate milk, and sit there for four hours watching TV and eating. Then we would have gotten up and driven to the store to get more food. And that isn't an exaggeration."

Damn.

Isn't it amazing at how gross we can be, especially that two people can be that gross together and still respect each other?? Hahaha- believe me, I know this.

It sounds like you guys did great. Moderation, it sounds like you found it. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm pretty ashamed of our old selves. The thing is, I was ashamed of us then, too. Not anymore, though. We've made huge strides in the right direction...just look at the scale. ;)