5.16.2007

We Have a Visual...


Today's Weigh-In: 304.8
5-Day: 305.45

For the first time in years, I really believe I'm going to weigh less than 300 pounds, and soon. The 299 is in sight. It's sitting there on the horizon, and I'm slowly closing on it's position. Stupid thing has NO clue what's about to happen to it, either. Poor sap.

As you can see, I got my first sub-305 number on the scale this morning. And my average dropped to under 305.5. I weighed 308.6 nine days ago. That's almost four pounds in less than 10 days. Keeping in mind a less-than-perfect weekend of eating, and weather/health/time issues that have kept me from being as active as I'd like to be. Four pounds is pretty impressive, if I do say so myself. And I do.

I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things, no pun intended, with my sparring and push ups as soon as tonight. My shoulder feels good today, and it felt about 90% yesterday. And no sign of severe storms for the first day this week, so we'll try to get a 2-3 mile walk in, too.

I don't think it's too realistic, but I'm aiming to see ONE 299.9 on the scale by Sunday morning. Just one. It can shoot right back up to 302 the next day, but I want that 299 to know I'm coming for it. We'll worry about "taking the hill" by getting the average under 299 next week. I just want the 299 to be afraid. I want it to be very afraid.

And still, as amazing as it will be to win this battle, conquer the 300's, and pop 299 square in the jaw, I know it's a war. Still in my path is a 290, a 280, and a 270. Then, I go after 260. Still a long way to go, but I'm moving forward, slow and steady.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So savage! But that's an awesome weigh-in. You're going to get to 299. Then 289...279...and so on. Seems to me like that RMR really is the magic number!

Rob Tucker said...

Glad to see it, man. I know that feeling of "so-close", and you've been there for too long.

Come to the dark side, Kevin. The 200's are a nicer place to be.

Oh, and that RMR thing, that's the doctor's numbers you were given. What have you been looking at in terms of your calorie totals lately? I've been eating more than usual lately and seeing the same results. Who would have thought?

Kevin A. said...

I've been staying right at 2400 a day, give or take 100 on either side. I stayed low on Monday to "detox" from the weekend, and I'm back at 2400. It's since I've started eating 2400 that the pounds started coming back off. Before, I was doing around 2800 a day. That's 2800 calories per week working against my weight loss.

Rob Tucker said...

Yeah, 2800 seems kind of high. 2400 seems to be pretty close to the magic number I've been working with. I was going with the 1700-2300 range, but when I was hitting my plateaus, it always seemd to hit around the times where I was consistantly under 2000.

Seems like we're pinpointing this a bit - until it changes again :P