5.24.2007

Good News/Bad News

Time to play everybody's favorite game...


Good News: I had to eat a big dinner last night to get over 2,000 calories for the day
Bad News: It was pizza

Good News: I've taken another 2.8 pounds off of my 5-Day in the last seven days
Bad News: Still haven't seen a 299 on the scale

Good News: No rain today, for the first time all week
Bad News: Beck has a meeting after work, so I still won't get out to walk/run tonight

Just some quick thoughts to go along with the list:

- Rob called me out for what he interpreted as excuses, yesterday. I appreciate the concern, but let me assure everybody, I make no excuses for my failures. Yesterday's post was a public wake-up call to myself. I noticed the possibility for a bad trend to start, so I made my struggle public. Life ain't easy for us right now, but we're trudging along the best we can in this situation. Six months ago? Life would have played "Fat guy in a little coat" with me. My life would be ripping apart. That wasn't the best example, but any time I can fit in a Tommy Boy reference, you can bet I'm going to do it.

- Rob beat me to it, but yesterday was my unofficial six-month anniversary in this transformation. I "started" about two weeks before that, but I wasn't taking it seriously. The day I really buckled down was November 23rd. In those six months, I've lost 13% of my total body weight, and I've taken 7" off of my waist. Most importantly, I've become stronger. Not muscle strong (though I have), but person strong. I'm a better man today than I was six months ago. I'm handling this bout of life BS better than I've handled anything like it in the past. I've had weak moments, but I used to have a weak life. I'll gladly take that exchange.

Just think of what might have been, had I stayed on the path I was walking six months ago...

Damn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good News: The Tommy Boy clip was hilarious...cracks me up every time.

Bad News: The fat man picture made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Dude, congrats on 13%/7". That's amazing!

billy said...

duuuude uncalled for!!!