12.12.2006

Another Goal

Not so much to do with weight loss, although there is a good connection.

Some of you know that I used to be part owner of my own magazine. Long story short, I lost it due to money and politics. I have missed it horribly for every second it's been out of my life. I've made numerous attempts to get back into publishing, but I keep coming up short.

I have had several pieces published in Mile High Sports Magazine, and The Stampede magazine here in Denver, and that helps to scratch the itch a little bit. But the truth is, I want my own magazine, again.

Several months ago, Beck and I started the process of creating our own magazine. It looked great, conceptually speaking. I even put out a call to writers, and I had over 200 replies from some of the most qualified candidates I've ever seen for a start-up.

There were just two problems:

1. No investor.
2. It's a health and fitness magazine, and I was (am) fat.

For the last few weeks, the itch has been getting to me. I want this. Badly.

Maybe it's because I'm going through this transformation, but I feel more qualified to run this thing, now. I'm the lightest I've been in two years, I'm working every day, I'm eating clean. Everything that I'd be preaching in this magazine.

It would help everybody look like that (future) picture of me you see here.

http://cohealthandfitness.com/

There it is. My dream. I want it. My designer is in place. My writers are in place. I even have the printer and photographer on stand-by. All I need is the money to get it going.

I have no doubt that I could make it work. I know the game, and I have allies here who would likely guide me as a new publisher. I'd need to find some good sales people, which might be the toughest part. But Colorado is one of the healthiest States in the nation, and there isn't a publication dedicated to keeping it that way. This would fill that void.

All I need is the cash for the up-front costs, and it would take off.

Anybody want to buy in?

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Very cool, man. If I was buying a house, I'd throw something in, but we're closing on our first home this Friday and my pennies are pinched so tight that I think I just heard Lincoln say a cuss-word.

As for the magazine, I'm glad that you're going to be realizing that dream again. If you need me as a part-time writer, or just contributing, I may be able to help, but I'm not sure on your formatting. Again.. fat guys writing in health magazines, it's a new concept. I'll help where I can though.

Rob Tucker said...

Btw, I'm spamming you guys now, but if you go to my link, I've put Beck's link up too. I'm thinking maybe we can push each other's sites and see if there's others that want to join in and fight the fight.

PS: *LOVE* that picture, cracks me up every time.

Anonymous said...

I heard your designer's hot.

On a serious note, though, don't give up on the dream. It's not going to happen overnight, but it will happen. (Just like losing weight.)