12.18.2006

We Are NOT Amused

First, look at my blog title. You'll notice it moved in the wrong direction.

Second, look at my FitDay caloric intake for the last several days. If you add up my caloric defecit for the last week, it comes up to 10,767 calories. At 3,500 calories per pound, that's 3.07 pounds lost. But how many did I lose? I GAINED one, dammit!

Now, I know the calories weren't all the perfect calories. I did snack a little bit, and there were a couple of times I had white rice instead of brown, etc. But I stayed at LEAST 600 calories under my weight maintenance level every freaking day last week.

How is this possible? What did I do wrong this week? Like I said, I know I didn't eat the perfect meals, but it's my understanding that I could eat five double cheeseburgers today, but as long as I stay under my maintenance level, I won't put any weight on. I won't be healthy, but I won't get any more fat that I am now. If that's the case, I don't see how some sesame chicken and some chocolate - spread throughout the week - can make me ADD a pound, when my caloric intake never even made it to the maintenance level.

I just don't get it.

Alright, screw this.

I got my weights yesterday, so I'll be doing a total body workout from an old Men's Health three days per week. I'd do more, but I've been reading more and more about letting your muscles repair between work outs. Don't want to overdo, and I want the boys to have a chance to heal and grow.

I'm about to eat a bowl of Fiber One cereal, I'll have a Zone bar for a snack in a few hours, I'll grab a PB sandwhich for lunch, an apple for my mid-afternoon snack, and then a decent dinner. In the middle of it all, I'll find time to work out.

This pound really should have thought things through before it decided to come back. I'm gonne kick it's little 3,500-calorie ass. And then all of his buddy's are screwed, too.

330 by 01/01.

Yikes.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Remember the week that I gained a pound, and I echoed your frustrations? Just keep working, your body is just adjusting, and you'll have a big week this week.

I gained a pound one week, and lost 8 the next.

It's your body's friendly reminder that if you're not eating right, it'll sneak up, and land right on your gut. Stay focused, and we'll all get there.

Ian C. said...

Don't be too hard on yourself, K-Dog.

Is it not possible that the extra pound is a result of the new muscle you've been building? Give that a thought.