12.27.2006

Plugging Away

I think I'm liking this new weigh-in method that I stole from Billy. Seeing how fat I am everyday - on paper - seems to make it more real to me. After my Christmas eat-fest upped me a pound, it kind of hurt to put it down on record. Worse than it hurts to just see it on the scale. Likewise, being able to enter your weight when it drops makes it feel that much better.

I had a great eating day yesterday, though I didn't work out. Still, I got on the scale this morning and I tipped the thing at 334 - the lightest I've been through this entire process, as well as over the last four years.

I don't think there's any chance I get to 330 by Monday morning, but I guess you never know. I'm aiming for 1,750 - 2,000 calories each day, and I want to get three total body workouts in between now and Sunday night. If I can do that, I guess anything is possible.

Also, I'll be adding my measurements to my sidebar later today. We bought a cloth tape measure and wrapped it around all of our goodies last week, so I suppose it would be beneficial if I actually shared that with all of you.

To my F.A.T. members - keep it up. No quitting, and no getting down over a couple of bad days. I'm not doing this without you.

3 comments:

billy said...

Dude, I'm telling you, there's no way you should be eating as little as 1750-2000 calories a day!!!! You're gonna go into starvation mode and you metabolism is gonna slow down!! You are 6'8!!! I'm barely 6'0 and I'm eating about 2500 calories a day, and consistently losing. Please, do yourself a favor and figure out how many calories your Lean Body Mass requires, lower that by 500 calories, and exercise at least 500 calories off a day, and you will see great results.

Also, if you miss one of your goals (like the 1.1.07 one), readjust the rest of your goals so that you have something achievable and don't get discouraged.

And man up and have a protein shake ;)

billy said...

howcome your blog doesn't have that "Subscribe to posts Atom" link at the bottom? I'm trying to be tech-savvy over here.

Rob Tucker said...

Billy's right, Kev. Sooner or later, your body's going to realize you're not giving it what it needs, and stop burning. Keep it active, and keep working out, even if it's just the light stuff. Movement counts.

It's hard for me to say since I've been struggling lately, but I'm not going to give up. I'm sticking around, and you're the reason why. Keep it up!