12.10.2006

New Goal for the New Year

So, as I type this, I weigh in at 340 pounds (weigh in is Monday morning). I've been told numerous times that the best way to hit your long-term goals is to set several short-term goals to nail along the way.

So, in that spirit, here is my newest short-term goal:

I will be at or below 330 pounds by January 1, 2007.

To do this, I'll need to consume no more than 2,000 calories a day for the next 21 days, and I'll need to keep up on or increase my push-up routine over that same time-frame.

I'll need to lose 3.18 pounds per week for the next three weeks. Not an easy task, but I have been averaging 3 pounds a week since Thanksgiving, anyway, so it is possible. No cheating, no laziness.

If (no, when) I hit this goal, I will be the lightest I've been since well before my oldest daughter was born - just over two years ago.

Keep on me. I gotta do this.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

Small goals are great. The large ones are way down the road, and think of the small ones as your bursts of speed.

My suggestion is, to keep that small goal that you have of losing the weight before the time frame, but also make other small goals, like "I'm going to work out ___ times this week", or "I'm going to walk around the block _____ times this week".

I've found that adding your activity into your short term goals really helps. Keep it up man.