12.15.2006

Rut.

I'm in one.

The diet thing got very easy for the last week or two, but that seems to have been a phase that has now passed.

I have had more junk food cravings in the last 24 hours than I've had in the last six weeks. I can taste burgers, pizza, Little Debbie's, peanut butter cups, Hershey bars, chocolate chip cookies, and ice cream.

I've been able to withstand it, for the most part, but I did have a couple of cheat meals this week. Even so, I have not come within 700 calories of my weight maintenance level of 3600 calories. So, I guess that's a small victory.

And this hunger. I mean, it doesn't matter what I eat, or how often I eat it, I've been hungry almost non-stop since yesterday morning. Protein doesn't help, Fiber doesn't help. I eat, and 10 minutes later, I want food. I've been trying the little "snack through the day" thing, but it's not so much as taking the edge off.

I'm hoping it's just a little bump in the road. If it's not, I'll have to come up with something. I can't be this hungry all the time and hope to stay at or below 2,000 calories. A man has to eat.

The struggle continues...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! I wonder if the cravings are because of the bad stuff we've been eating. We have a taste of it and want more and more. I don't know. But don't give in! We'll get healthy snacks in the house that fill you up. Now...to figure out what kind of snack is healthy, edible and will fill you up...

You're doing a great job. You'll get past this...just don't give in!

Rob Tucker said...

Ok, I'm back from the hiatus.

Hang in there, Kev. I've done the same thing the past few days. We've gone out to dinner a few times lately, and instead of eating the 'perfect' meal, I've been cheating a bit and not doing what I need to do.

This is where I think this blog is going to keep us accountable. As I said in one of my first blogs, the first few weeks are easy. We're feeling like we're doing 'something special', but once you settle into it, your old cravings come back. It's hell, and that's the #1 enemy in this war we've got.

We're F.A.T., man. Keep fighting the fight.