12.05.2006

Sometimes You Get Lucky

Yesterday was not a great day.

I had a potential job opportunity slip through my fingers - one that would have allowed to once again run my own magazine. THis time, somehwat appropriately, a health and fitness magazine. The possibility existed that I'd be able to build it from the ground up, and eventually take it national.

The problem is, the powers that be thought the numbers I gave them that would be needed to fund it were per year, when, in reality, they were per issue. So, their potential bill quadrupled, at the very least.

So, the idea got shelved, and I lost out on something I wanted badly - again.

Here's where I admit my weakness. If we would have had junk food in this house yesterday, I would have taken it out with a quickness. I searched all of the cupboards and the freezer. I looked under my bed. I went rummaging through the girls' diaper bag. Nothing.

As I've stated before, I am an emotional eater. Yesterday proved that. The only thing that saved me was the lack of crap in the house.

So, kudos to us for clean eating, and not bringing crap in the house.

But shame on me for being so weak.

Sometimes you get lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you took the first step by not getting junk food to save for a rainy day. You reaped the benefits of your decision yesterday.

(Sooo, you wanna go get some double cheeseburgers for dinner?)

Rob Tucker said...

You're doing well, Kev. Sucks about the magazine, I know that's your passion. I still kick myself that I didn't write for you guys when I had the chance.

Beck is right though. You can't fall in a puddle if it ain't raining outside. Good job to decide to keep the cupboards clear of the temptations.