12.26.2006

I'm Back. Merry Christmas Dinner.

OK, I've been gone for a few days, and there are two reasons for that.

1. There hasn't been much going on. Between the blizzard, family get togethers, last-minute shopping, and so on, there hasn't been much worth writing about.

2. I decided I was going to enjoy Christmas - food and all. No point in sharing what horrible things I've done with all (4) of my faithful readers.

The good news is that I still made out OK over the last two days. With the exception of a few pieces of boxed chocolate on Sunday, I'm pretty sure I stayed under my 3,500 calorie maintenance level. Monday, that changed. I won't go into detail, but I ate a lot of food. Not much (though some) of it was good for me.

As I weighed myself this morning, I expected horrible things. But what I got wasn't all that bad - 336. And I've stolen Billy's weigh-in method, as well. I've weighed in every day for the last nine days, and my average is exactly 336. So, the blog name changes again.

I haven't worked out since Beck and I went through my total body torture on Thursday (though I did some push-ups and a set of curls on Friday), so I'll be back at it today.

The best thing I can take from this experience is this: I know I cheated. I made the conscious decision to eat things I shouldn't eat, and to eat MORE of those things than I should. In the past, it was just a given. "Of COURSE I'll eat crap - it's what I do." Not anymore. I had an actual feeling of guilt as I was eating this stuff last night. A feeling like I was doing something wrong. To me, that says a lot about where I am in this "transformation" I'm going through.

Back at it, people. Keep on me, Rob, Billy and Beck. We still need it.

3 comments:

billy said...

Put it behind you dude. The holidays have got to be by far the toughest time to do this stuff. It seems to be to my extreme advantage that I don't like sweets, so it's been no problem to pass up the countless cakes, cookies, and chocolates that have been offered to me over the last few weeks.

Think about how you feel about what you eat. You say that eating what you did made you feel guilty. But part of it made you feel good, right? I've been trying to isolate my feelings about what I eat and I find that the more I do that, and the more I am able to find healthy foods I enjoy, and the more I am able to feel good about what I am trying to do, the less I try to get those feelings from eating "forbidden food".

Now get your ass to the gym! The "Weight loss average" method is NOT to be used to soften the blow of dietary disasters!

Anonymous said...

Definitely get back into the workout routine and I'll do the same. I think the hardest part about a lifestyle change is going back to your old habits and enjoying them so much that you stay there. But you felt guilty about it. That's good. I know you'll have absolutely no problem getting back into your new routine.

So good job.

Rob Tucker said...

I just wrote my last blog, and I've been pretty 'out' of it, but I'm back. I can't get "F.A.T." without you guys.

The holidays are over.. we need to gear this baby back up.