12.06.2006

Picking It Up

I've done OK the last couple of days, though fighting off the stress has not been easy. I've been craving junk food for 48 hours now. Some BK, a few cookies...something.

So far, my cravings have been somewhat curbed by eating extra good stuff - another PB sandwhich with natural PB on whole wheat, two chicken sandwhiches instead of one - and so on. Even though I've eaten more in the last two days than has been the norm since I started this routine, I'm still an average of 750 calories under my weight-loss max for each day.

Today, I'm going to aim for 1,750. I've heard it's good to keep your metabolism guessing by not eating the same amount of calories every day, so that's what I'll do.

Other than that, not much to report.

Thanks to everybody who has recently visited and chimed in. Please keep it up. It truly does help!

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

There's a good book that my trainer recommended that really helps a lot. Of course, it does you no good because I don't have it with me and I can't remember the name. I'll get it for you later.

A few important things that he said to do, and that his book agrees with:

1 cheat meal a week.

Eat anything you want. Want a large pizza? Have at it.

BUT JUST ONE MEAL.

It kickstarts the metabolism. The body starts to notice (as you mentioned) that you're cutting youself down, and it tunes itself to what you're giving it. Once a week, letting your body know that there is enough fat to go around, it'll continue to burn through the fat that you want it to on the week.

As he said, many times people even LOSE weight if they weigh in the day after the cheat meal.

I've got to get you the name of the book. It's actually pretty good, and is full of recipes that are EASY.