12.31.2006

Close, But No Cigar.

Well, my goal was to hit 329 by tomorrow morning, and I'm not going to do it.

That said, my weigh-in this morning did get me down to 332.0, meaning I've lost 15 pounds since I really started keeping track on November 23rd. That's nothing to sneeze at, friends. Losing 15 pounds in a little over 5 weeks puts me at just under a three pounds-per-week average. To be exact, I've been losing 2.53 pounds per week since the day after Thanksgiving.

That puts me on track to hit my goal weight of 260 by the 4th of July holiday. I can deal with stretching things out a couple of weeks.

I'll also be adding in cardio soon - something I should have done much earlier. According to a recent Men's Health article that I read, eating at a defecit of 1,000 calories per day and adding in 3-5 regular work-outs each week will likely result in a healthy 3 pound-per-week weight loss. So, that's what I'm aiming for.

The official weigh-in is tomorrow morning. The new blog name will rely on what my new 5-day weight average is. I'd love to see 331.4 so I can round down to "The 71", but we'll likely end up with "The 72". Either way, at least it's not still "The 100."

Slow but sure, people.

No comments: