1.01.2007

Can I Get Partial Credit?

My goal by this morning: 329
My five-day average: 331.1
This morning's weigh-in: 329.5

Seriously, can I get a little Woot-Woot for the milestone? I know I'm not actually at 329 because of the whole 5-day thing, but still, to see that scale dip under 330 for the first time in at least 30 months feels damn good.

Beck and I worked out hard together last night (not like that, pervs), pushing ourselves, and getting our blood pumping. It felt amazing. I didn't do the total body, which I probably should have, but I curled, I shrugged, I pressed, and it should be mentioned that I did push ups. Real, manly push ups.

As a reminder, when I started this whole thing, I could do FOUR push ups on the sink, and ZERO from the floor. Over the last seven weeks I've worked up to 20+ on the sink (I'm now using a close grip for my tri's), and sets of TEN from the FLOOR. If you're keeping track at home, that means I'm "benching" roughly 60% of my total body weight, which puts me at 198 pounds. My max bench ever was 225, so a few more weeks, and I should be getting close.

In other news, in one week, I've taken an inch off of my waist, a half-inch from my neck, and I've added a half-inch to my biceps. In ONE WEEK.

This is AMAZING. For those of you doing this with me, DO NOT STOP. Seeing and feeling the improvements is all I need to keep moving. But you don't see or feel a thing if you slow down or quit.

Keep with me, people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, THAT'S motivational. Good job, Kev! You're doing great, you're looking great, you're feeling great. That's....great? No, seriously, you're a huge motivation. Keep it up!

billy said...

Nice work, man- keep it up!

Dave said...

Wow, you are proof that it can be done, keep it up :)