1.03.2007

Crap.

Up another 1/2 pound, but my average is down a tenth. I'll take it.

Still fighting for that 329 mark. It'll be a good day when I get there.

On another note, I thought I'd go over some of the new foods I've been eating during my little transformation here. Much of it I never thought would get inside me of my own doing.

Here's my top 5 new foods.

1. Sara Lee Honey Whole Wheat Bread
Better than regular whole wheat, slightly sweetened, and HALF the calories.

2. Zone Perfect Nutrition Bars
At least a dozen flavors, most of which taste like a candy bar. 210 calories, and 21g of protein in each one. You can get a box of 5 for $4.56 at Target.

3. Brown Rice
I'd had it before and hated it, but a few weeks into the transformation we tried it again. I can barely notice the difference, now.

4. Iced Tea
Yes, tea. I grew up hating tea, but Beck got me to try some a few months ago, and now I dig it. Tastes better than water, and it's good for you!

5. Ground Turkey
Turkey chili, Turkey burgers, Turkey anything. My wife's chili (just ask for the simple recipie) is only about 250 calories per cup, and it'll take care of your protein and fiber needs for the day.

There's plenty more, but these five are the ones I look forward to most. Eat these, and you'll have a great base for some simple, healthy meals.

IN CLOTHING NEWS

I have a pair of jeans. They don't fit. I tried them on about 2 weeks ago to verify that. As a joke, I tried them on last night. As I was telling Becky that I couldn't even get them past my butt last time I tried them on, I realized they were at my waist, and I was buttoning them up. I wore them the rest of the night, and I'll be putting them back on later.

I haven't worn these jeans in at LEAST three years.

I claim a victory.

5 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

And those are the victories that taste the sweetest. Jeans are the great equalizer. No elastic, nothing. Now, if you can take them out of the dryer and slide them on, you have reached Nirvana.

billy said...

Ever try Buffalo meat? Also an excellent substitute for beef. What kind of Iced Tea are you drinking? Low calorie? Low Sugar? Green? Brown Rice rocks. Try mixing in some olive oil.

Kevin A. said...

I'm just drinking straight tea - 1 calorie per 8 oz, no sugar,etc. It's not green tea, but I keep meaning to grab some.

Anonymous said...

I really like the Lipton (Diet) Green Tea, both flavors are good: Citrus and Berry.

Dave
My Blog

Anonymous said...

I miss half a day of reading blogs and what happens? You add another one!! ;)

I said it last night and I'll say it again, I'm SO glad your jeans fit. It's just an article of clothing, but it's amazing how good it can make you feel and how much of a motivation it can be.

As always, you're doing great. You're making little changes that add up to big differences.