1.05.2007

329.5

Ceeeeelebrate good times, come on! (dun dun dun dun dun dundundun) Wahoo!

As you can see by the title of the post, my 5-day average weight has dropped under that nasty 330 mark. This is massive for me. I am now 69 pounds away from hitting my goal of weighing 260 by July 4th. I have now lost a total of 30.5 pounds since January of '06, and 17.5 pounds since the day after Thanksgiving.

When I got my license a few months ago, I lied and said my weight was 340, because I couldn't deal with seeing 360 on that thing. Well, my license is now horribly inaccurate, as I weigh 329.5.

To mark hitting my first goal, I have decided to change the name of the blog on a Friday. Now THAT is special. Plus, with a blog titled "The 69", I'm bound to get a lot more traffic from random searches. For those of you that find the blog by searching that very special number, welcome!

OK, Kevin. Get a hold of yourself. You aren't done. You've still got a LONG way to go. Just keep doing what you're doing. Keep working. Stay focused.

I'm adding a new goal - we go camping to a huge lake in Wyoming every summer. It's a group of roughly 15-25 people. For the fist time in my entire life, I will take my shirt off in a public setting by the time we start camping in June.

And I'm gonna look damn good when I do.

WELCOME TO THE COALITION'S NEWEST MEMBER

Welcome, Whyves! We hope we can help you along your journey.

6 comments:

billy said...

Congrats, man- you're doing great!
You have to put your weight on your license? Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, keep it up!

Whyves said...

Congratulations are in order! You can definitely pat yourself on the back! Keep it up and you’ll not only remove the shirt this summer but the pants too ;-)

Rob Tucker said...

VERY cool. Very jealous, the big bald white guy is. Good work, Kev.

Celebrate for a day, but this is like winning the division. You may have earned yourself a playoff spot, but you haven't reached the final goal yet.

Keep it up! That's awesome.

Kevin A. said...

Hey, I am ALSO a big, bald white guy. Nothing wrong with that.

Thanks to everybody for the kudos. I do feel great, but there's another goal to hit.

14 pounds by 2/15.

Anonymous said...

The 69? Taking your pants off? So many oh, so obvious jokes come to mind, but I'll refrain.

Anyway, awesome job, Kev!! You did it!! :) Definitely don't lose focus...14 pounds is still a lot for a month and a half (but I have no doubt you'll accomplish your goal).

Keep up the GREAT work. ;)