1.25.2007

Holy Cow!

Yes, Holy Cow, indeed.

So, I had an AWFUL four-day stretch. I mean, it was pitiful. Like I said yesterday, I ate everything I wanted. The willpower was gone. I was also sick, so I think I completed 1/2 a workout in those four days.

Well, I woke up feeling great yesterday, fought through a tough workout, and nailed my diet for the day.

I weighed myself - for the heck of it - part way through the day yesterday, and I weighed 324. For the middle of the day, it was a nice number, but I obviously put no stock into it.

So, off to bed I went. I had a pretty decent night's sleep - up a couple times due to neighbor noise, and I had to take a bathroom break once. Still, in bed a little after 11, up at 6:30. Not too bad for us.

My first stop (after the john) was the scale. My weigh-in today?

323.5 - the lowest I've been.

Down 2.5 pounds from yesterday, and .9 pounds down on my 5-day.

Now, I honestly expect that number to level back off in the 324's or 325's tomorrow, but it was a step in the right direction, and one that I needed to see badly.

Also, my new 5-day weight is 325.5, a new low for me so far. My previous low was about a week ago at 325.8. The day after I hit that mark, I started my stretch of daily failures.

I'm telling you right now, there's no way in hell that happens again. I can't tell you how great it feels to see all of these new lows. I went through the fire, and came out better for it. I felt like failing, but I wouldn't give in.

I've got three more days to kick this up another notch. Can I make it to 323 by Monday? Is 320 out of the question? Yeah, 320 is probably out of the question, but it makes my 315 on 2/15 seem a little more attainable.

Have a great one, all.

God knows I will now.

EDIT:

It should be mentioned that I now have 21 days to bring my 5-day average down to 315.4.

I'll have to drop my 5-day by an average of .48 pounds each day from here on out.

Doesn't seem too realistic at this point.

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

Who cares if it's not realistic? You're headed in the right path to a goal that you KNOW you will hit.

Rise from the ashes.