1.05.2007

Passion

A friend of mine will soon be joining the FAT Coalition. I'm not sure if he'll start a blog, but he will be one of us in spirit.

He informed me of this via Instant Message a little while ago, and I proceeded to pour out my tips, hints and suggestions. I mean, I HAVE lost 30 pounds, so I must be an expert. Anyway, it was while spouting out my recently acquired wisdom that I realized something: This is my passion, now. It used to be sports. Now, it's health and fitness.

So, allow me to pimp Shift Health & Fitness again, just for a second.

This blog is great. I can share my thoughts, post my results, celebrate when I hit a goal, etc. But I can't truly affect and change lives with this blog. That's why I'm starting Shift. Men's Health is good with information, but there's no support. I want Shift to split the two. Sure, you can get info on the latest work out trend, but you'll also hear from somebody that's going through exactly what you're going through. Best of both worlds.

I want this site to blow up. I want it to grow by leaps and bounds. I want companies to want to be associated with us. I want it to turn into a monthly national health and fitness magazine.

Join me. Join the forums, tell your friends, ask your boss to advertise, promote us any way you can. Together, and I know this is cheesy, we can make a real difference.

OK, carry on.

3 comments:

billy said...

I agree. I'm obsessed with this crap now.

Alcinda (Cindy) Moore said...

Same here...I read blogs, and articles a good portion of the day....every day. And it's not only weight loss (I follow Protein power), it's health in general! Artificial foods, unneeded medication, environmental hazzards....all of it. I'm passionate, maybe even obsessed.

Love reading your blog! And great job on hitting your mark!!!

Rob Tucker said...

I haven't quite gotten to the 'obsessed' part, but I really, really want to.

As for "Shift", I can't wait to write for you. I'm looking forward to it. Let me know when the first one is due.