1.12.2007

This Isn't Right

OK, so, here's the deal.

My legs? Yeah, they hurt worse today then they did yesterday. I didn't expect them to feel great, but I was hoping for improvement. The things are killing me right now.

And let's talk weigh-in. I know, I'm not supposed to pay attention to my daily weight, but it was up FOUR POUNDS since yesterday. FOUR POUNDS. My average dropped a tenth, which is what I should be focusing on, I know. But still, I can't help but feel that I'm starting to move in the wrong direction.

I've been keeping my calories down, though I admit they haven't been the best calories the last two nights. That's what happens when you have no food in the house, and no time to get any - you order out. But again, I haven't topped 2,500 calories in weeks.

Maybe it's water retention from too much sodium? Maybe I added four pounds of muscle since yesterday? Maybe my this pair of boxer-briefs weighs four pounds more than the pair I had on yesterday?

Well, my goal today is to eat CLEAN - which will be tough because of the no food thing. Also, drink a butt load of water. If it IS water, it should be out of my system by morning. If it's not, then I need to step it up.

I need to hit 315, and I'm running out of time.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just stick to your goal of eating clean and it should be fine tomorrow.

I was 188 on Monday and 192 on Tuesday - a 4 pound gain just like you. Today I am 189 :)

Rob Tucker said...

Just keep doing what you're doing, Kev. I just not posted my new blog before reading this, and it's all about the 5-day average.

I can imagine how frustrating it is to see you up four pounds. I'd bang myself against a wall a few times too.. so go do that. Be frustrated, get mad..

.. and then get it out of your system.

It may very well be the sodium count. Bad food is bad food, period.

Just keep doing what you're doing. You can't count each day's weigh-in as anything but data collection, no matter HOW much easier it is to say than it is to do.

billy said...

try some fiber- seriously. Maybe all you need is a good, er, "cleansing"...
I take fiber supplements every day, in addition to getting lots in my diet.

Anonymous said...

Just keep doing what you're doing. You can't count each day's weigh-in as anything but data collection, no matter HOW much easier it is to say than it is to do.
Couldn't say it better myself.

You're not moving in the wrong direction. When your average starts skyrocketing, then you know you're doing something wrong. But you said it, we have NOT been eating good foods lately. A sodium-rich diet isn't exactly the ideal solution for weight loss and it's going to affect your daily weigh-in. Hang in there. You're doing good. I'll ride your ass about eating healthy if you ride mine (no, not like that). We need to keep each other in check. Being in this together is usually a good thing, but when we both start slacking, it can be very detrimental to our goals. Let's get back on track and keep losing weight! ;)

Kevin A. said...

Maybe when I lose some more weight...

billy said...

NEW RULE:

Thou shalt not bitch about fluctuations of daily weigh ins. The only time you're allowed to bitch is if your average starts going up.

Capisci?

Anonymous said...

Woohooo! Hardass is back!! lol :) (You know we love you, Billy.)

Kevin A. said...

I can't agree. I think it's important that we let our frustrations out when something bothers us. A) It helps other know how to encourage us, B) If it gets bottled up, it'll blow up in our faces.

Now, obessing? Bad.
Discussing? Good.

billy said...

I feel you, Kev, but when I suggested the average method, I told everyone that it wasn't for the faint of heart, and that you had to only pay attention to the averages for it to work. But all I keep hearing is griping about the daily fluctuations.

Obviously everyone can post about whatever they want. The point of my "New Rule" was to help cement in people's heads to ignore the daily weights, as long as the average is going down.

Rob Tucker said...

Did I mention that I went up one pound today? :-D

Anonymous said...

Hey Kev, this is cmuspmed from the Inferno site. Been following your progress lately and just wanted to let you know that the increased weight is probably fluid retention in your sore muscles. The body uses increased fluid in repairing damaged tissues, in this case your leg muscles. This is often also the cause of the delayed muscle soreness. All part of the process. As your muscles get used to the stress placed on them, the damage will be less. Keep up the good work. One bad weigh-in means nothing. It is the overall trend that is the most important thing.