1.10.2007

That's Better

I worked out hard yesterday, adding in another set to each of my at-home weight moves, and adopting the "just one more" approach to my lifting. When I get to technical failure, I force myself to do one more, with the best form I can muster up. I also added in some ab work to my at-home routine yesterday - leg lifts and crunches.

Diet? nailed it. Beck and I were both snacky last night, and that's usually dangerous. She (willpower!) had nothing, as she was out of calories for the day, and I had whole wheat bread with some peanut butter on it. Ain't nothin' wrong wit dat, baby.

So, I stepped on the scale this morning, and I came in at 326.5 - a new low for me in this transformation.

Here's the down side of using the 5-day average: When you hit a number like 326, you want to tell people you weigh 326. But, in my case, it only dropped my average to 328.8. It'll be another 2-3 days until the average shows a significant decrease.

But the important thing here is that I needed some sort of proof ths morning that I was doing OK, as my discouragement was getting tougher to deal with. Seeing that scale nearly knocking the 325 mark fired me up a little bit.

I was never off the horse, but I had slowed it to a trot. Now I'm galloping this sucker to 315. I've got 36 days to drop my average 13 pounds. Doable? I think so. I guess we'll find out.

Carry on, FAT people!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool beans :)

that's all I have to say ;)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, Kev! Sure, your average doesn't reflect today's weight, but it didn't go above 330 like you were afraid of. Small victories, man. You're doing great. ;)

billy said...

It's hard to remain vigilant to the average. It's great when your scale weight suddenly shoots up, the average will take away the sting. But when you have a really light day, the average won't allow you to bask in it's glory.

But I think that's one of the benefits of the average. It's supposed to keep you from driving yourself crazy over meaningless fluctuations in weight. I think all of us who use the average method need to remind ourselves of that sometimes. Your daily weigh-in is purely data collection. Try not to let it affect you. Just look at the average...

Rob Tucker said...

Nice work, Kev. The scale is my motivating factor, so I know how you feel. Awesome, awesome, awesome.