1.09.2007

A Cruel Joke

So, on Sunday I felt all weak and depressed, and I had to convince myself it'd be OK and not quit. I moved on, recovered from a workout and ate well yesterday, and felt good about staying on the horse.

And then I weighed in.

Even though my average has dropped one tenth in each of the last two days, my weigh-in number has jumped up two pounds. I tip the scale at 330 on the nose this morning, while my 5-day shows me right at 329.0.

So, what's the BEST possible thing to happen to a guy who is struggling with his weight loss/life transformation? Give him a really bad day, followed by ANOTHER bad day. That's the way to derail a program, right there!

I'm not as discouraged as I sound, but I am frustrated. I know it's insane to expect great things every time you weigh in, but I would be OK with the scale either staying put, or moving slowly down. Up doesn't work for me. If my average jumps back up over 330 again, I'll snap. I know I will.

So, today is another day. Woke up with a major migrane, so I'll do weights from home later today, and try to get on the bike or the tread for 30 minutes tonight after Becky gets home.

Dear Tomorrow,

Please show me below 330 when I step on the scale in the morning.

Love,
Kevin

4 comments:

billy said...

Yeah, that sucks. I've been having similar difficulties lately even after stopping drinking.

The thing you need to remember about the 5 day average technique is that you're supposed to ignore the daily weight and only look at the average. Now, my average did go up a smidge so I'm a little pissed.

Anonymous said...

Don't let the weight discourage you. Remember, it isn't really the weight that matters, it is the look of your body and your measurements. You may have gained muscle (which is heavier than fat). Look at your measurements: You increased .525" on your biceps and .5" on your chest while losing 1.5" on your waist, .5" on your hips, and 1" on your thighs.

I have to say you are doing great :)

Kevin A. said...

And for the record, I just got done working out, and I felt WEAK. I got through everything, but my failure came a little quicker than usual.

I hope this passes, man.

Whyves said...

Ok, you'll have to stop mentioning that you are weak. You said that you were lifting the same amount of weight that Rob does in is workout. If that's the case, I'm a sissy compared to you! So, for my own morale, please stop saying that you are weak ;-)