1.22.2007

Trying to Focus

Fact: My blog title dropped from The 68 to The 66.5. Not awful, but could have been MUCH better.
Fact: I screwed up Friday night, and it has had a ripple affect on my transformation.
Fact: My 5-day has gone up each of the last four days - 325.8, 326.1, 326.2, 326.5.
Fact: My diet was near-flawless yesterday. I actually had to add calories because I was so low.
Fact: My weight went up 2 pounds from yesterday.
Fact: I've been sick/sleep deprived for five days, and have only worked out once in that span.
Fact: I am still sick today, and achy in many places.
Fact: I am stressed out. Actually, that's an understatement.
Fact: I'm frustrated and weak right now. Losing focus quickly.

So, here's the plan. I'm going back to how I was on Day One of this thing: Every calorie gets placed into FitDay; I'll do some sort of excercise numerous times throughout the day; I'll ignore cravings; I'll snack on healthy snacks - carrots, apples, Fiber cereal, etc. Doing that, I was losing around three pounds per week. But, I went away from that to try a different routine, and my progress has slipped noticeably.

I feel like I've let this thing turn into too much of a challenge or a game - something that I can win or lose. It isn't a competition. I need this change for so many reasons. I need to feel better about who I am. I need to feel the sense of accomplishment. I need to be healhty. I need to be here for my family.

Nobody needs to leave me any "don't quit, you can do it!" comments. I'm not going to quit, and I can do this. I have no intentions of staying this fat, worthless pile of human that I feel like I've been for so long.

That said, this is a tough stretch for me. It doesn't take much to derail your transformation. One meal, one night, even one snack can be all you need to get off track. I made one bad decision on one night. And that has sent me into a tailspin of sorts.

Down? Yes.
Out? Not even close.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't give up, you can do it ... j/k :P

Just think of it as a "bonus" meal day. You are back on track and you know what you want.

As long as you are continuously working towards your goal, it will eventually be met.

Rob Tucker said...

Kev, I've known you for a pretty good amount of time now, even if only as an online compadre.

I know that when you get punched in the mouth, you back off for a second, assess the damage, and then return the favor. You're one of those guys that may let your guard down, and you might even get knocked out.. but WHEN (not if) you get up, your opponent better have a get-away car.

This life change popped you a good one. You reassessed.

Now, attack.

Whyves said...

It's OK to be hard on yourself but not too much. You'll get back at it. I was feeling just like you and I eventually saddled back and laugh at what life threw at me (see my blog). I know you'll bounce back but make sure you get a few good nights of sleep. You owe that to your body!