1.25.2007

More Proof that Life Doesn't Care About My Weight Loss

Just got a call from my dad in Michigan, and - long story short - my Grandfather had surgey a few days ago, but he's old, and it appears now that his lungs couldn't handle the stress.

He's in extremely critical condition, and he also had a heart attack during his recovery efforts this morning. The doctors don't expect him to make it through the next few days.

This guy has escaped death at least a dozen times before. He's taken a lot of risks - surgeries, new medicines - and he's had some struggles - heart disease, pulminary issues - yet he's always pulled through. I guess anything can happen.

So, I doubt I'll be focusing on my diet or lifting today, as I sit here waiting for "the call." This will make the fourth loss in the last 2.5 years for me. My grandmother, my best friend from high school, and my mom have all passed in that time frame. It's not been an easy stretch.

More later, I'm sure.

2 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Your granddad and you guys will be in my prayers today, Kev. I'm not sure what, but if there's anything that I can do to help, let me know. I just know that Detroit's a hell of a lot closer to Michigan than Denver is, so I wanted to put that out there.

Hang in there, this is never easy.

billy said...

Sorry about your grandfather man. I hope he pulls out of it, if that's at all possible.

Try and remember that Heart disease, pulmonary issues, etc., the health issues your grandfather is battling, are the same things you are battling. The same things we all are battling. Our fight is not just to lose weight, but to avoid or postpone these things as well.

Our thoughts are with you and your family.