1.04.2007

On The Threshold

Man, I am SO freaking close to that 329 mark.

I'm not sure why being out of the 330's is so important to me. Maybe it's just because it'll be me hitting a goal that I've set for myself. Maybe I need that extra bit of motivation to keep going. No matter the reason, I'm almost there.

Tomorrow should be the day. If I weigh in at 330.5 or less (I was 329 this morning), the average will drop below that dreaded 330. I know I mention my weight time frames a lot on this blog, but it's been a good 30 months since I was 330 or under. I was at the Dr's in November of 2004, and I weighed 335.

It'll be nice to be that "thin."

On to other things...

Beck and I will be taking our monthly progress picture on Saturday. We both fit into things that didn't fit a month ago, we've both been working out, we've both been taking care of our diets, and we both feel lighter than we did when we started this thing. We should see a change for the better.

My fear is that we won't. What do we do then? I know what we SHOULD do, but that's always easier said than done. I mean, if I still look like I weigh 360, I don't know if I'll be able to handle it. Well, I don't know if the old me would be able to handle it. This will be the transformed Kevin's first test, assuming nothing has changed in the photos.

I have faith that I'll be OK, but only time will tell.

Everybody have a great Thursday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF we don't look that much different, we don't give up. I know, like you said, easier said than done. But look at it this way: if you give up, you'll end up right back where you started. Think of how good you feel about yourself with this new way of living. You're eating better, you're working out, you're losing weight. It not only affects the number on the scale. Your aren't waking up choking and gasping for air due to your sleep apnia. You're fitting into old clothes. And forgive me if I'm revealing too much here, but you're not snoring near as much as you used to! You're accomplishing your goals (slowly, but surely) and that's got to feel good! So IF the pictures don't reflect how you've been feeling, don't give up. You've come too far and accomplished way too much to let a picture get to you. ;)

Rob Tucker said...

You've already answered this question yourself.

You feel better.

THAT is more important than any picture. Imagine how much better you'll feel WHEN (not if) you continue.

Anonymous said...

I agree, never give up! You never know, it may be at the 325 lbs mark that your body makes a big change in appearance :P

Whyves said...

Me too I'm in a hurry to see some hardcore changes in my body but it will come over time. We all have to be patient and be happy with the way we feel.

Whyves said...

By the way, I created my blogs. Follow it through my profile.