1.15.2007

Nothing Bad, Nothing Good

Since January 1st, I've had three weigh-ins that weren't 328, 329, or 330. That's it. The three that I had were 326, 326.5, and 326.5. What does that mean?

I have no idea.

You'd think with weigh-ins like that, my weight would be pretty much stationary over the last 14 days. Well, it ends up that I've lost 3.4 pounds in that time. Not great, but better than nothing or adding.

I ate great yesterday, getting back on the horse after a dreadful Friday and Saturday. I'm going back to my roots. In December, I averaged around 3 pounds per week of weight loss. I ate great - nothing bad went into my body, and I was working out in some form every day. I went away from that over the last 2 weeks, and I've slowed down quite a bit.

I've also decided that I'm adding weight, and removing reps. I'll be aiming for technical failure on my 6th rep in each set. I was content with getting to 10 or 12, but I want to build some muscle, not just tone what little I had when I started. We'll see how it works over the next two weeks.

As for the name of the blog, I COULD change it to The 67, but with an average weight of 327.7, I feel like I'd be cheating if I rounded down instead of up.

So, welcome to The 68. Enjoy that number while you can. It won't be here next Monday.

This Week's Goal:

Drop 5-day average to 325.4 or lower by 1-22-07

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Looking good, Kev. Let me know how that workout focus change works. I've been taking it to reps of 12, bu thinking about the process you've been using. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it'll be nice to change up your routine. You're going to be Kevburg in no time!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I can't wait to change up my routine a bit too :) Two more weeks and I get to up the weight and lower the reps :P