1.17.2007

Milestone: The Big 2-0

Total Weight Lost Since 01/01/06: 33.1 pounds
Total Weight Lost Since 11/23/06: 20.1 pounds

Wow. I gotta tell ya, seeing that number feels damn good, people.

Here's a little secret. I cheated last night. I had a horrible day, but I was surviving. Then, I for some reason talked myself into Sesame Chicken on white rice for dinner last night. Did I know it was wrong? Yessir. Did I have the opportunity to do something different and healthier? Oh, yeah. Yet, there I was eating breaded and fried chicken over carb-filled rice, covered in sesame sauce. I still ended up under 2,800 calories (my BMR is 3,505), so it could have been worse. Still, I'm a little disappointed in myself.

But today is another day. I screwed up last night, but I'm still standing.

I ordered some new jeans last week from Old Navy. My 44's (which were perfect in late November) are now so big that they fall off WITH my belt on. I ordered 42's, hoping that they'd work. With me, it seems like every jean company makes a different size of "42". I just hoped these weren't too tight.

They came yesterday, and I tried them on.

Here's the bad news: They don't fit that well.
Here's the good news: They're already a little too big.

The moral of that story as it relates to my cheating last night? It's simple. NOTHING is going to stop me. This isn't about how many times we fall, it's about how many times we get back up. And as long as we get up every time we fall, we WILL nail our goals. For every loss we have in this war on fat, there are 10 victories.

There is no hitting the wall, because we break through any wall that gets in our way.
There are no excuses, because "excuse" is just another word for "fail".
There's no quitting, because when we've gone as far as we can, we go just a little further.

My name is Kevin Antcliff, and I've lost 20 pounds using the latest fad diet. My plan? Eat better, and exercise more. It's crazy, but it works.

9 comments:

Whyves said...

I'm all there with you Kev! I experienced something similar last night so I can relate. Now go get the size 40 jeans ;-)

Rob Tucker said...

Great blog, man. Inspiring. Can't go wrong with "Rocky Balboa" quotes (yeah, I stalk you on that other sports website) ;)

Seriously, that's awesome. My pants are starting to get a bit loose too, but it'll be a long time before I get into 42's. Nice work!

Kevin A. said...

Actually, those quotes are all mine, baby. Captain Creative here.

That said, that quote from Balboa was AMAZING. I'll find it and post it.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I should give you a standing ovation for that inspirational speech. Damn, that was good!

billy said...

Congrats on the big 2-0! That's a huge one- my next big one (hopefully soon!)

I've decided to look like Johnny Baggypants for a while. I can't afford all these new clothes- I'm hoping to wait till I reach my goal before buying new clothes, although I'm sure at some point I will absolutely NEED new pants.

What sucks is I'm going to have to buy a suit for a wedding before I reach my goal, so I'd like to be as close as I can by the time i need to buy that suit... We should all start putting away like $10 for every pound we lose to buy new clothes with!

And why do I always have to type in this stupid verification word to post comments? Nobody elses blog does that, is it a setting or something?

Kevin A. said...

Yeah, it's an anti-spam setting I have turned on. It's annoying, but it saves a lot of crap being posted in my comments.

For what it's worth, I only bought pants because I had a gift card to use. Past these, I won't be buying anything new for a while, either.

Mark said...

Thats great news. Cheating every once in awhile isnt a bad thing, helps you refocus on what your doing.

Anonymous said...

Nice post.
I came across a good natural weight loss plan while doing research on the internet. To check it out go to Healthy Weight Loss

Unknown said...

Great blog.
If you’re looking for helpful articles, tips and information on weight loss please visit my blog Weight Loss Tips