1.16.2007

Good News, Good News, Bad News, Pimping

>> OK, here's the deal. If not for a nasty 330 still on my record over my last five days, my weight would have seen a nice little drop this morning. I weighed in at 325, my lowest mark of this transformation. If I can stay in the 324-325 area, my weight will drop to the mid 326's tomorrow, putting me in a decent position to hit my goal of 325.4 by Monday. I lifted hard yesterday. I dare say it was my most painful weight workout since I started. I lifted more weight than I have in years, and I went to exaustion in every set. I lifted at 11am, and by 3pm, I was hurting. Still am now.

>> I haven't worn my wedding ring in at least 18 months. Fat fingers will do that. It's important to Beck and I that I get it back on so all the women will stop hitting on me because wearing these rings means something to us. I tried it on last week, and I cold get it most of the way on, but it took a little Crisco to get it back off. Out of curiosity, I tried again last night, and it was a perfect fit. Slid right on, slid right off. Not earth-shattering, but it still felt really great.

>> I'm not sure if it's the way I slept, or if I overdid it with the shoulder presses or push-ups yesterday, but I have a serious pain in my shoulder blade, just to the right of my spine. I've had this before, and I never knew where it came from. It's usually a 3-4 day thing. Turning my head to the left? Ow. Lifting my head off of my pillow? Ow. Looking up? Ow. I'm in no mood to cut back on my activities, so we'll see how much I can do with the pain. Maybe I'll just bike and do some leg lifts today.

>> As has already been mentioned, the Shift forums are open for business. Drop by, register, post a little, get to know your other FAT Coalition members, etc. I'd love for this to be a nice little hangout for like-minded people.

Have a great Tuesday, all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wedding ring thing is awesome. I know it's been a long time since you've been able to wear it, so this is huge! I'm not too sure Ginger will like the idea (yes, I know about her, too), but whatever. She'll get over it.

Good job, Kev. ;)

Rob Tucker said...

Ginger? Ginger Spice?

Kevin, you stud.

Good work with the ring. A VERY symbolic proof that you're getting to be where you want to be. Next up - resizing the ring because it's too big!

As for the shoulder, try stretching it out. Stretch away from the pain.. extend it out and hold it there for 15 seconds at a time. I get a similar pain, and while it doesn't cure it, it gives you a bit more flexibility. I know how much a pain in the neck a .. well, pain in the neck, can be.

Kevin A. said...

Ginger from Gilligan's Island. I watch a lot of TV Land.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work, Kevin. The number of pounds to lose gets smaller all the time!

Mark said...

Thats great news about your wedding ring! The shoulder injury does it feel like you threw about 100 softballs as hard as possible? I get the I've thrown to many to hard pain in my shoulder, I just dont work it as hard the next time.

Anonymous said...

I love those workouts when you can really feel it (in a good way).

Congrats on your ring :)