12.11.2006

Three's a Crowd - So I Got Rid of Three More

That's right, baby. The streak continues.

My weight, as of 12-11-2006, is now 337 - roughly the weight I was when my oldest daughter was born in November of 2004. So, this is the lightest I've been in over two years, which is equal parts sad and exciting.

I now need to lose seven pounds in the next 20 days to hit my goal of being at or under 330 by the New Year. Shouldn't be a problem.

This week was a bit of a challenge for me. There was a lot of stress to deal with in our family life, and on pretty much a nightly basis, I wanted to eat mass quantities of junk food. We came close a few times, but at no point did either Beck or I go over our calorie limit. The closest I came was when I took out an entire sesame chicken dinner. It put me up in the mid-2,000's for the day, still safely under my max, but it also gave me one meal that week that helped to kick my metabolism into gear (hat tip, Rob).

I've increased the amount and difficulty of my push-ups, changing up my "grip", and my angle. I'm hoping working a few extra muscles will benefit me. I'll also be getting a dumbell set with 100 pounds of iron weights this weekend. I'll be able to add in curls, military presses, bent over rows, shoulder extensions, and a few other excercises to my routine as of Sunday morning. Ideally, that would take my weight loss cloder to four pounds a week. And as soon as I get down to 300, or so, I'll be starting my training for the Alzheimer's 5k Run in September.

All-in-all, a pretty good week, though I don't feel the same energy today that I felt last Monday. Maybe when I'm down to 330 next Monday, I'll get a little more excited.

Note to everybody that reads:

PLEASE, keep on me. Tell your friends. Send out a spam email. I appreciate everybody dropping by, but I'm only getting roughly 6-8 visits each day. The more people who read this, the more people I'm accountable to.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

AWESOME!

The race is on. I check this blog every day to make sure you're doing everything that I'm doing. In terms of your workouts, what are you doing? I see a lot of push-ups, how did you start? You mentioned something about not doing 'full' pushups to start, so I may steal that idea.

You and I have to start cross-promoting and getting people to check these things. Have you done some of the sports sites that we used to go to? I'll push you more on RK (where I get the majority of mine), but it's a fine balance between my constant reminders to everyone, and reaching out.

Let me know if I can help, and if you find more outlets for getting people to read this, let me know. I TOTALLY AGREE when it comes to the comments. The more comments that show up on mine, the more motivated I feel.

Keep it up Kev. We're getting there. My parents keep reminding me.. it took a long time to put it on, we have to give the same dedication to taking it off.

Nice job!

Kevin A. said...

I was considering pistons.com. I posted at the Sports Inferno, but didn't get much of a traffic boost.

As far as push-ups, I was too damned heavy to even get one real one up. So, I used the kitchen counter. A regular push-up uses about 60% of your total body weight. Using a counter is closer to 40%. SO, I started there, did sever sets of 10-12 every day, and now I'm doing 7 real push-ups. Not great, but it's like benching about 205.

Gotta start somewhere.

Rob Tucker said...

Hell yes. That's pretty awesome. I think I'll start doing that in the mornings as well. Very cool.