12.01.2006

Two More Down

Well, after three days of barely eating anything, I'm down two more pounds - leaving just 83 left to go.

My flu is mostly gone, so I'll be back to somewhat normal eating today - aiming for 2,200 calories, max. I'm using the Men's Health Abs Diet guidelines, trying to put some fat-burning food in every meal - whole wheat breads, almonds, dairy, eggs, etc.

The whole "eating healthy" thing is slowly starting to become a habit. We've already switched from white rice to brown rice, and white bread to whole wheat bread. We just made the switch from 2% milk to 1% this week - and I barely notice the difference. I haven't had any real junk food (Peanut Butter Cups!) since the day after Thanksgiving, which is pretty freaking impressive for me.

The slim possibility exists that we could be getting some heavily discounted workout equpiment from my wife's company, Lamar Health, Fitness and Sports. The good news is that we'd have a treadmill and a functional trainer in our home, and we'd get them both dirt cheap. The bad news is that we won't have anywhere to put them until February when we move.

Until then, I'm sticking with the push-ups (I'm already feeling stronger after three weeks), and I'm still looking for a cheap dumbell set to add a few other excercises in. I really believe that if I can get some weights in the house, I can make soem things happen.

The struggle continues...

1 comment:

Rob Tucker said...

This is fantastic, Kev. Nice job with the 2 pounds, you're on your way again. Sounds like you're starting to get into a groove.

The eating thing is something you get used to, I'm noticing the same thing. A lot of it is the life-long habits that we're trying to re-learn, or learn for the first time.

Wheat bread and brown rice is a great start. Keep it up!