8.14.2007

Enough!

Yes, I am. Very much so, in fact.

I am pissed at my constant failure.
I am pissed that one bad day takes six good days to counter-act it.
I am pissed that I can't control my food cravings.
I am pissed that I don't have a real workout buddy.
I am pissed that I can't afford a gym, or boxing classes.
I am pissed that we can't buy somebody to come play football with us on the weekends.
I am pissed that I have to keep hitting reset on my weight loss.

Yet here I am, hitting reset once again.

I'm sick and tired of trying to find ways to justify bad eating or not working out. It falls to me to make it happen, and I don't. At least not recently. I've been stuck in the upper 280's for three weeks, now. Thanks to my screw up of a weekend, I jumped back over 290 twice - once after a clean eating day.

It annoys me to no end that I find myself back at square one - again. I've been slacking in every area recently. No counting calories. No working out (except Sunday). No food control (until yesterday). No water.

Everything I know I need to be doing, I'm screwing up with. And here I sit with an average two pounds UP from where I started on 8-1. Again, I find it horribly annoying that two bad dinners can affect you leaps and bounds more than 11 good dinners. I've had maybe four bad days in August, which leaves me with 10 good ones. Yet, I've gained two pounds this month.

Man, that just pisses me off.

But I've already mentioned that.

I have nobody but myself to be mad at this morning. And that's exactly who is getting the K-Dog wrath. I am the one who eats the ice cream. I am the one who takes the extra pieces of pizza. I am the one who won't hit the pool.

I am the one who controls my actions.

My kids are going into part time day care starting Thursday. That will leave me with a wide-open schedule two days per week, and a help with the kids from Becky another two days. That means I now have four days per week with no excuse not to workout. I can hit the pool any time of day. I can go on one of my 3-4 mile walks. On weekends, we can take the kids to the park, let them play, and Beck and I can run routes and toss the ball. I'm still sore from Sunday.

I have to do it. It falls to me.

5 comments:

Ripx180 said...

Good post Kevin... I'm pissed at myself too for my lackluster performance the last month. I have no good excuses either, nobody does really. Get really pissed and F-n kick some A$$. Close out August with a vengence

Rob Tucker said...

This one struck a chord with me. I've been making excuses for myself all month. Thanks, Kev. This one helps us both.

The easy part is to say it - the hard part is to follow up in the morning after you've slept it off. Chase it down this time.

billy said...

Here's what I want to see you doing:

An all-bodyweight exercise routine that you will have NO EXCUSE not to do. I feel like your problem is often lack of equipment or some sort of facility, and time, so here we go.

Push ups
Close Grip Pushups
Wide Grip Pushups
Hindu Pushups

Burpees
Mountain Climbers
Prisoner Squats
Squat Jumps
Bird Dogs

situps
crunches
lying leg raises
bicycle crunches
twisting crunches
side crunches

I want you to look up any exercise you don't know on the internet and learn how to do it.

Set aside 30 minutes a day and do a circuit of 3 exercises with no rest inbetween, then rest for 2 minutes. Repeat 3x. Then, do a circuit of 2 different exercises, rest 60 seconds, and repeat twice.

Do this 2x a week. The other 2 days? Sprint intervals. On grass. Sprint as far and fast as you can. Walk back. Immediately sprint back. Repeat 5x for week 1, 7 times for week 2, 9 times for week 3.

Nutrition wise? Don't eat any carbs you dont earn through working out. Lean protien. Vegetables, vegetables, vegetables. Fiber. Natural foods. NO LIQUID CALORIES! NO SUGAR!

You can do this man. I want you to succeed. You gotta stop undermining yourself. Just do all the stuff I just said. Once you put your success in motion, it will continue to fuel itself.

Ripx180 said...

Billy aka trainer to the FAT stars....

seriously I ctrl-C and ctrl-V that bad boy comment. Gonna do some research tonight cause there are things on that list I don't know about. Can I do burpees right after drinking a pint of beer? ohhhh yeah no liquid cals or sugar... doh!

anyway great comment, I will see if I can get some use out of it too.

Anonymous said...

I hear ya brother.
I've been very complacent about the eating thing. I feel good physically so I'm acting like I don't need to be so careful anymore. Anymore? What does that mean? Do I only want to feel good now, or forever?

Let's get off the summer doldrums and rev it up for fall.

We can't let all our efforts slip away. We've done that too many times before!