8.16.2007

Not meant to be?

So, first I got to my crappy bike, and realized the front tire was flat. So, I pumped it up. Then I realized that the tube was out of the rim, so I had to deflate the tire and start from scratch.

Not a good start.

So I finally hit the road, and I ride the 1.2 miles to the football field, where I see that an actual football team is practicing.

Not sure what to do, I think to myself how glad I am that I at least got a 2.5 mile bike ride in.

Then I realize that there's a park another 1/2 mile up the trail, so I head there.

It's empty and open.

The workout begins.

I gotta say, I made it through the first half of my first circuit, and I knew I'd be able to double the original two circuits I had laid out as my goal. I was breathing hard, and I was pushing myself, but it was the "hurt so good" kind of pain that I was feeling.

So I kept going.

About 1/2-way through my second circuit, it hit me. I was wasted. I had no gas left in the tank. All I wanted to do was go hit the picnic table, chug some water, and head home.

So I did my tuck jumps.

And I sprinted 30 yards.

And I did my last set of push ups.

Now, to be honest, my last set of push ups was tough. I got to six, and the voice in my head said "Annnnnnnd we're done." But the voice was wrong. I had four more to go. And they were the ugliest, slowest push ups ever performed. But I did them.

The 1.7 miles home was tough. My legs had nothing left. Finally, I got home, climbed my three flights of stairs, showered, and guzzled water.

Good news/bad news:

Good - I did it.
Bad - My surgery foot is killing me.

No way can I do this again tomorrow as I had planned. Instead, I'll hit the pool, and I'll try this again on Saturday. Maybe Beck can join me.

Here's how the workout actually went, with my original plan in parenthesis:

Sprint - 10 yards
Push ups - 10 reps
Lateral hurdle - 20 reps (10 reps)
Sprint - 20 yards
Body Weight Squats - 20 reps, then 15 (15 reps)
Push ups - 10 reps
Tuck jumps - 10 reps
Sprint - 30 yards
Push ups - 10 reps

This has been a very scattered post, and I apologize for that. But I hope you get the idea.

2 comments:

billy said...

sounds like you sucked it up and did a good job man. Yeah, do these extreme workouts every other day or somthing, you can't push your body to the max every day.

Rob Tucker said...

You did it. That's the most important part. So many excuses that you could have had, yet you pushed forward.

You've had some failures lately, but this is a victory to be proud of. Now, build off of the momentum.