8.22.2007

Not Cool


I understand as well as anybody that not every day can be a major victory. But I also know that when somebody is struggling, they need a string of positives to help get them out of a rut. And I know that getting kicked while down makes it tough to get up and keep moving.

Well, I've been working my tail off with clean eating and staying active with my back and stomach issues. I stayed at 2,046 calories yesterday, plus we went shopping and I walked a lot around the grocery store. Not a great workout by any means, but just trying to keep moving with my current limitations.

I had steady drops the last four days, going from 290 and change to a 268.8 yesterday. I fully expected, after eating great yesterday, that I would at LEAST hold in the 268's, maybe even drop to a new low.

So, I was dismayed when I woke up to see a 287.4 on the scale.

I know that I can't make strides every day, and my last few days have seen me drop about 2.5 pounds off after last week's screw up. But I wanted to see another good day. I wanted a good weigh-in for the challenge.

I just feel so freaking limited right now. My back feels better today, but this stomach thing I have going on is really getting to me. And the paper goes to print this week, so every second seems to be a work second. Free time will be less-than-scarce for the next six days.

It's frustrating.

/vent

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

You're right about that.. momentum is a big part of this. That scale can be the best, or worst, motivator out there.

Just keep doing your best - even through these rough spots.

Rebecca said...

Someone told me the other day that hydration plays a role in weight fluctuations. Just wondering if you drink enough water (I've heard anywhere from half your body weight to 64 ozs). Hang in there!

Jay said...

you had me thinking you had lost 22 lbs in 4 days.

you're rocking it man! 2.5 lbs is great! Any progress is good progress.

Kristen said...

I wish you guys lived closer.