8.09.2007

Yin and Yang and PB Cups

Yin: Yesterday's 289 Weigh In.
Yang: Today's 287.2 Weigh In.
5-Day: 287.4
Calories Counted: Not sure. No more than 1,800

We had a business dinner here at our place last night. Beck made some kick-booty stir fry, with our choice of brown or white rice - I chose brown. Needing to flash some sort of dessert skills for my boss, Beck went to her fall back option - homemade peanut butter cups. Those things happen to be one of my greatest weaknesses. She makes a 9x13 pan full of them, and it makes roughly 30 small bars, each worth abut 200 calories. So, that's a pan full of 6,000 delicious calories.

I went into dinner having consumed about 700 calories. Dinner was no more than 500 additional, though I didn't count it up. I then ate two peanut butter cups (spread out over 90 minutes), by far my lowest singe-session intake of PB Cups since I was a kid. And I finished the night off with one Mike's Hard Cranberry.

There were six of us, so it was my assumption that the pan would be just about empty by the time everybody went home. That meant I wouldn't have the need to fight off any more PB Cup cravings for the night. Well, there was still 2/3 of a pan left. So, I had Beck cut out two more cups. One for me, one for my daughter. The rest, she packed up on a plate and took into her coworkers.

I'll allow myself one more, and I'll make sure I give myself the 200-calorie bumper with which to eat it - cut out an afternoon snack, or shorten my dinner portion, etc. I know, it's not as good as having ZERO, but after my post yesterday about having no self-control, I'm kind of proud today that I will have eaten a total of THREE PB Cups, when my average is about 12-15.

When you struggle, I guess you take the victories - big or small - wherever you can find them.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Small good decisions all add up to good large decisions. Sounds like you did well. And good to see the poundage coming down as well. Keep it up, Kev. Gain that momentum back.

David said...

It is not not less than a "Victory" as you call it !

Good job about that self-control and feeling good about it.

Rebecca said...

Wow - from 12-15 PB cups to 3 is a BIG victory! Good for you.

billy said...

you can have a PB cup here or there, as long as you're making up the calories elsewhere...