8.06.2007

Rainy Days and Sundays Always Get Me Down


Weigh In: 286.8
Weight Lost in August: -2.8 pounds

Calories Counted: Nada


So, we had our get together on Saturday.

Neat.

First, of the 20+ people we invited, not a soul showed up. Many already had plans, and it was only a 5-day notice, so I guess I can understand that. Still, for somebody with serious self-esteem issues, it wasn't fun to host a party where NOBODY showed up.

So, Beck and I decided to do a little picnic, toss the ball around, let the girls play, etc. We'd be sure to salvage the day the best we could.

And then the rains came.

Yeah, they came with a fury. Lightning, thunder, winds, cats and dogs - you name it. So, that ended our party day.

Then came Sunday.

We decided we'd go do something fun. Didn't know what, but we started the minds working, trying to figure something out.

With financial concerns, no friends to hang with, and a need to go get groceries, our fun activity was to go to Wal Mart and get groceries. We hate Wal Mart, but they are the cheapest grocery store in the state, so we deal with it.

One of the many reasons we hate the place are the hordes of inconsiderate jerks who cut you off, almost run over your daughters, glare at you if you dare get in their way, etc. If I were a lesser man, I'd beat the tar out of some of these morons.

So, while at WM, we decided to get something nice. Namely some Birthday Cake Ice Cream. If you've never tried it, it rules. It's by far our favorite ice cream in the universe. But we ate it. A lot of it.

Luckily for me, I'm being careful in other areas, so even though I had 1.5 cups of ice cream last night, I don't think I went over my 2,400 calories. If I did, it wasn't by much.

Still, I saw that 286.8 on the scale today, and realized I had gotten lucky. I ate out of emotion again, and it could have screwed me over. So, I consider the low weight a second chance. I need to get my head straight and re-focus on the week in front of me.

I'll get back to my Hundreds today, and I'll return to the pool tomorrow. I'd love to see a 295 on the scale by my Wednesday weigh-in.

We shall see.

SIDE NOTE:

I wasn't going to weigh myself today. Just didn't want to deal with it. But when I got out of bed and headed into the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I looked, and I just 'felt' thinner. I saw a little definition, I thought I saw some flatness on the sides of my abdominal area...you guys know what I'm talking about, right? I've only had that feeling once or twice before during this journey, and it kind of shocked me that I'd have it today.

But I'm glad I did.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

First off, that sucks about the 'friends' not showing up. Been there, not much good comes out of that.

As for the 'feeling' thinner thing, I'm glad that's not just me. Every once in a while, and a lot of the time when I don't expect it, I get that feeling before I step on the scale. Strange this is, my instinct is usually right.

Keep it up, Kev. We'll get there.

billy said...

I've had "get togethers" like that- it sucks. I'd have come, were it not for my being in Philadelphia and what-not.

As for the ice cream, what the hell, man? Come on. There are things that are somewhat unavoidable, and then there's buying birthday cake ice cream. That's my view on it anyway.

As for not feeling like getting on the scale? DO IT regardless. I gained back 50 lbs once because I was afraid of that scale. It tells only truth.

David said...

Getting that thinner feeling is great. 2.8 lbs lost in August is just kickass ... i only have 0.1 lbs lost in August so far !

Did you catch the HOF game last night (NO vs. PIT) ? It was good to finally have some NFL football on tv !

Go Kevin !

Ripx180 said...

Doh! on the party... makes me think of a new years party we tried to throw 3 years ago. We had a big snow/ice storm come threw and nobody in the NW can drive on that stuff ya know? Or at least they claimed they couldn't. So my parents, sister and boyfriend, and my wife and I drank a very small amount of the entire keg I bought for the party..... Man I felt lame that night.

I have to agree with Billy on getting on that scale. I did the same move as he did.... thinking I have only gained a few pounds until my jeans where not fitting anymore. Decided to step on the scale and was informed I gained 30lbs.

Nice on keeping your calories in check and being down some weight this monday morning. Thats an amazing feat in my eyes.