8.02.2007

Ow.

Weigh-In: 288.8
Weight Lost in August: -.8 pounds
Yesterday's Calories: 1,049 (oops)

I swear I didn't mean to take in so few calories yesterday. I was busy with work, and I really wasn't hungry all day. After a small (and amazing!) dinner of chicken stir fry (chicken breast, broccoli, baby corn, carrots), I counted up my calories and saw that I wasn't even at 700 for the day. So, I had a larger-than-normal bowl of Fiber One Honey Clusters with a cup of 1% milk to get me up over 1,000.

I don't want to go below 1,800, even on days when I'm purposely eating less to make up for a high day. So, today I'll aim for 1,800, then get back into the 2,000's tomorrow.

I should also point out that I am typing this with my nose, as my arms are hanging limply by my side. Those things killed me, man. In the up position of a regular push up, we figured out that I'm supporting roughly 212 pounds. In the down position, that number increases slightly. So, to do the Hundreds the right way, I should be aiming for 55-60 pounds of weight. On a 45-degree angle (using the kitchen counter), we're assuming the amount of weight I'm supporting is around 127 pounds in the up position, and about 140-ish in the down position.

So, as I mentioned while talking to K in my comments yesterday, I'll aim for being able to finish at least 60 reps by the time the August challenge is over. I'm hoping for more, but I think 60 is realistic. Actually, now that I type that, it looks pretty small. Maybe I'll aim for 75.

As for today's cardio, I'm not sure what I'll do. I'll power clean the apartment, as that usually gets my heart rate up - a little jam playing in the background, vacuuming the floor, washing dishes. Manly.

But the pool is out, as it's only going to be in the low 80's here, and into the 70's by the time Beck gets home. Plus, the whole "can't move my arms" thing could be a problem. A walk is a possibility. Maybe I'll go for a quick 3-mile trek. That's 600 calories; more if I come home up hill. We'll see how the day plays out.

If you live in Colorado, you're invited out to a little bar-b-q/football thing this Saturday. Contact me if you're interested. Even if you don't live in CO, you're more than welcome to fly out.

Lastly, we finally watched 300 last night. The word that best describes my feelings on the film?

"Damn."

6 comments:

billy said...

I've got that movie on my Netflix. As homo-erotic as it may be, I'm hoping to be inspired by how buff those dudes are.

Kevin A. said...

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. It's actually a pretty manly film. Lot's of violence, some nekkid ladies, more violence, some great one-liners, more violence...

David said...

Ah ... i watched part of it last night also ! Pretty impressive !

Molon Labe !

Ripx180 said...

I really enjoyed 300 :) but I loved gladiator too, and braveheart etc... those epic battle movies just do it for me I guess. I have 300 coming in HD DVD from amazon. I guess there is some extras on their workouts on the disks.

Your better start eating Kevin, thats not enough chow for a 100 pound girl. :). You dont want to loose those guns your developing.

Rob Tucker said...

Josh the Destroyer told me that after he watched 300, he had the best 2 weeks of workouts afterwards, it inspired him so much.

As for typing with your nose, damn nice work. Very few, if any typos. Impressive!

Unknown said...

Kevin: Just trying to make the rounds on FAT's blogs since I've been "out of it". Looks like you're doing good!