8.01.2007

My Battle Plan

First, thanks to Rob for allowing my wife and I to do this together. I think she and I both needed a boost right about now.

Second, I fully plan on losing my 10 pounds in August. I've been going the wrong way the last couple of days, and that's got to stop. It seems like every time I do something to make myself proud, I eat like crap and skip a workout, and I pop back up 2 pounds. I can't stop all of my crazy fluctuations, but I can sure stop bringing them upon myself.

Third, here's my rough plan for the next month. I still have to work out the cardio kinks, but we'll see what I can do.

Resistance

Performed Monday, Wednesday, Friday

Push Up Hundreds
I'll be going back to the kitchen counter for these. As I posted last night, I'll do 1 set of 100 reps, probably broken into 5 sub-sets of 20, though I hope to push myself further than that. No more than 60 seconds between sub-sets, and I'm not done til I count to 100.

Curls
My bicep measurement went down by .5" in the last 8 weeks. While that may have been fat loss, I don't want to take the chance. So, while it isn't a major muscle group, I'll be tossing in 2 sets of 10 reps using 30-40 pounds with each arm.

Squats
I don't have any weight to add on, so I'll be doing Prisoner Squats - arms extended above my head. I'll aim for 2 sets of 25 to start.

Cardio

Performed Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday

Here's where it might get tricky for me. As I've already mentioned - a lot - my foot isn't going to allow me to put much stress on it, anymore. So running is out, and long walks are likely out, though I may have no choice.

I'd like to keep swimming, but if I'm going to work my chest, shoulders, triceps and upper back to exhaustion on my weight days, I'll need to let them rest on my off days. Swimming isn't going to allow for much rest.

In an ideal world, I'll get to mix things up a little. Maybe take a family walk on a Tuesday night - 3 miles or so, if my arms can handle it, head to the pool for 45 minutes on Thursday, and run some routes with Becky for an hour or two on Saturdays. I'm not sure if the pool will happen, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow and see.

Food

Beck and I are both aiming for 100% clean eating this month. That is NOT going to be easy, especially for me. Here's my definition of 'clean eating':

No sugar in cereal
No breaded anything
No pizza, or fast food of any kind
No candy of any kind
No calorie-filled drinks besides V8, milk, or other 100% juices
No white rice or pasta
Only 100% whole wheat bread

Basic rules we've all been living by, but without giving myself the 10% allowance to screw up. I LOVE that 10%, so this ain't gonna be easy.

And that's about it. I'm looking forward to seeing my September 2nd picture. At that time I'll weigh at least 279.6, and I'll have been killing myself for the entire month. Some definition would be nice, too.

Good luck everybody. I hope that my determination with this means that you're going to need it.

5 comments:

Ripx180 said...

looks like you have a great plan. 100% clean eating is going to be tuff!! I am sure you guys can do it. I am glad Rob put you two on the same team as we are all just wanting to loose weight. If it gives you a edge so be it, but don't think Jay/I will be push overs by any means!. Stick to your plan and I am sure you will reap the benefits. As for your swim messing with your upper body workouts , I wouldn't worry about it. I think getting in a good cardio workout the day after a lifting workout will help move the lactic acid/sourness build up etc. Seems to help loosen muscles for me.

David said...

Seems like a great plan.
I look forward to exchanging thoughts. I have just started my blog and want to join the F.A.T. coalition !

http://pathetic-to-athletic.blogspot.com/

Thanks
David

Kevin A. said...

Welcome David!

We're here for anything you need. Just let us know how we can help!

Rob Tucker said...

No prob, Kev. The whole point of these things is for us all to lose weight - this is just a bit more motivation. No money being won here, just healthy lifestyles.

Race you to 10, my man.

Melissa said...

Wow that clean eating is impressive. I cant wait till one day a few of those things are how I think everyday.