6.07.2007

Back On The Road

Weigh-In: 297.4 (new official low)
Average: 298.6

I didn't expect the 295.6 from yesterday afternoon to hold, but I was hoping for a weight in the 298's this morning. I was pleased as heck to see a new low of 297.4.

I'm telling you, 300 is behind me. I am a quick learner, and I learned that being stupid with fast food can KILL you. I was five pounds up from where I am right now, all because I ate that stupid 4-pound, double, extra, mega cheeseburger - and fries. I meant it when I said 'Never Again.'

Anyway, yesterday was killer. We went for a 7-mile walk in 80+ degree weather, and neither of us wore sunscreen. We also failed to take enough water, so we were hurting by the time we got back. Still, that was 1,400 calories burned for me, and I ate PERFECTLY all day. My only "miss" was that we ate a late dinner, and I was at 1,800 calories at 8:30 last night. I still don't want to eat after 8, so I left it as-was. And the no sunscreen thing? Dang. I'm hurting. My freshly-shaven head looks like a red balloon tyring to get out of my shirt.

One other thing. As Beck and I were walking yesterday, we told our oldest that we'd take her to the park after she had a nap. That meant that we took a 7-mile walk, let the girls nap, then we got up and went to the park where we tried to do pull-ups and dips, then attempted to traverse the monkey bars. As Beck mentioned to me yesterday, we'd be lucky if the old us did that much in a week. We did it in an afternoon.

We're better people today.

OK, one more last thing. The pics under this post? I have to say, I'm impressed. I don't impress myself easily, but I saw the new me starting to show through. My arms are bigger than they have ever been, and my gut it shrinking steadily. I still look in the mirror, and I see 360 Kevin. I didn't realize that 297 Kevin was such an improvement.

OK, that's all. Everybody have a great day!

7 comments:

Marcol said...

Kevin! What do I say to the pictures. I didnt notice at first you had some posted on the page but I noticed a new profile and opened it up. I was impressed since I had also see your picture on your Bodybuilding.com profile from when you were playing with your daughter. Im floored what an accomplishment youve made!!!! You should take a few bows for how far youve come. Im glad to be one of the first to give you kudos today in regards to this! Feel proud, BE proud youre succeeding and thats no small feat!

PS - You and Beck were doing BIG things yesterday. :)

billy said...

Yeah, man- the pictures are great. It's a great feeling to look at pictures of yourself and see the results, because you can't always see them in the mirror. No bigger motivation than that! Congrats, bro.

Rob Tucker said...

Just like they said, the pictures speak volumes. You said a long time ago that you wanted to have that 'intimidating tough guy' look - and it looks like you've achieved that. I'm impressed with the guns as well.

Keep it up man. Can you believe we're both over halfway to a goal that seemed unattainable just six months ago?

Kevin A. said...

Honestly? No. It still seems like I have too far to go before I can say I'm successful. But then I see the scale, I wear old clothes, and I see pics like that, and I realize I already am successful.

Ripx180 said...

Kevin,

You must be a pretty tall guy cause you don't look like you weigh in the 290s. You do have that tuff guy/bad ass look. Please don't ever get mad at me and decided to hunt me down and rip my head off. :)

Keep sending the positive vibes my way by meeting your goals and succeeding. You guys/gals of FAT are all leading by example. Very impressive from a newbie stand point.

Ripx

Kevin A. said...

Yeah, I'm 6' 8". Thank God. I couldn't imagine being 360 on a 5' 9" frame.

Rebecca said...

Wow, you're 6'8?! My goodness... I'm only 5'1, so you're like a giant to me. Anyway,you've come such a long way - good for you! I see your muscles poppin, you better do it.