6.28.2007

I'm Back

Weigh-In: 293.4
5-Day: 295.16

Took a few days off to clear my head, and let my increasing weight fester a bit.

I weighed in as high as 296 over the last two days, and it was enough to get my average back into the mid-295's. I wasn't a big fan. I wasn't eating perfectly, but I was staying near my 2,400 calorie level. Also, thanks to the sore sugery foot, I have done exactly sqaut for exercise the last three days.

So what happens today? I get a new low on the scale. I don't understand it, so I just shake my head and get some Cherrio's. If there's one thing I've learned over the last eight months, it's that none of this ever makes sense. I mean, just go read Rob's blog for an example of what I mean. No way should he have put on eight pounds in a week. That's over 25,000 extra calories he would have had to eat in the last six days. Not a chance.

The important thing is that we all keep pushing. Life gets in the way sometimes, but we all need to control what we can control. Things aren't going well for many of us right now, but we can still eat right and stay active. So, that's my advice to you this morning.

Now, on to something a little more fun.

Billy and Kristen are both pretty close to hitting their goals. The rest of us still have a way to go, but we're working on it. My question to all of you is, what are you planning on doing to celebrate?

I used to shave my head whenever I needed to make a change, or when I hit a milestone, but now that I'm pretty much bald, that wouldn't be too drastic of a change.

But I'm submitting to you all the idea that, when you hit your goal weight, you do something crazy to welcome the new you. If you're blonde, you become a brunette. If you have hair, you shave it. Don't have a tattoo of the Old English D on your shoulder, GET one.

That last one might be my plan, but I'm not sure. It's tempting, and it's WAY outside of anything I'd ever really consider doing.

Here's my list of things I think those of us I know best should all do to celebrate their goals:

Billy:
Off with the beard! I wanna see a clean-shaven, 190-lb dude.
Kristen:
Blondes have more fun, so I've been told. Time for you to find out!
Becky:
Black hair would like nice on you. Let's find out.
Rob:
I have no clue. You're bald like me, so a head shave ain't gonna work. You could go the tattoo route, I suppose. You have any suggestions?

And for me? Repping the D from the Mile High City. The Old English D will look nice on my shoulder.

What about everybody else? Any major plans of celebration? Would you like some? I can be pretty creative.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always planned on getting a tattoo when I get in shape. I have finally picked out the tattoo that I want, so now I really need to get in shape :P

Rob Tucker said...

I have no clue, honestly. I've always thought about a tat, but never found one or thought of one that would inspire me. Getting one for the sake of getting one ain't my bad.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll celebrate by eating a cheeseburger.

Kristen said...

First of all, I don't think I'll ever reach my goal. There will always be another one.

Next, I will get in trouble if I have any more fun than I am having now.

Finally, I think my thing will be my boob job. It might just have to be delayed until next year. Plus, I want to make sure that I don't gain any weight back first.

What I really want is my lip pierced. I'm just afraid that it's not quite the right look for my job. Maybe I'll have to get a tat instead.

Kristen said...

Maybe I'll just shave my head.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm definitely doing a tummy tuck!! Love kids...hate what they do to my body. Maybe a belly button ring. Kev, you'd LOVE that, wouldn't ya?? ;)

Kevin A. said...

I'm getting a boob job, too.

billy said...

What is with you and my beard?

I would shave it, but I'm pretty tan and I'm not sure I like the "reverse beard o' white skin" look.

I thought about a tattoo, but I really can't think of what to get.

Don't worry, it'll be something, but also, I think my goal needs to be reassessed.

Rebecca said...

I feel left out of the 'close to goal' talk... not to be a whiner, but i'm close to my goal too! wah wah wah... anyway, i plan to get a tattoo and possibly a belly button ring when my stomach gets flat enough.