6.13.2007

Not Much To Say

Weigh-In: 296.8
5 Day: 297.16

Don't have much to say today, so I guess I'll turn the post into a Shift promotion.

The Shift re-design will be getting underway this week, and could be done by as early as this weekend. That would mean that the new Shift could launch by Monday.

The site will be broken into three parts, coinciding with the Shift "motto": Your Mind, Your Body, Your Life.

One page will focus on the mental side of a life transformation. Breaking your old habits, staying motivated, changing your mindset, breaking through walls, etc.

The next page will concentrate on the physical side of getting your life back. Workout routines, eating clean, etc.

The last page will focus on living a healthy life. Spending time with your family, getting out from in front of the TV, prioritizing your life, etc.

My friends from L2S will be heading up the Life page, as that is what they focus on every day. That means I still have two writing openings - Mind and Body. If you are a GOOD writer, have a strong command of the English language, have experience in the specified subject, and can commit to a 1,000-word column per week, let me know.

Unlike the old Shift, I will be taking this VERY seriously. I have major plans for Shift, and I need people involved who will also take it seriously. No, there's no pay to start, but this site will lead to a newsletter, a podcast, community events, publicity, and - I hope - a monthly magazine. It has to be treated now like we want it to be seen later.

If any of you have any sort of marketing experience and can help me get the word out when we launch, I could greatly use the help. Same with any ad sales people. I'd love to see the site become profitable.

OK, that's it for the day. Everybody have a good one, and keep moving forward.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

If you still want me, I'm still around. Let me know what you need/want from me?

Marcol said...

Hey Kevin,

Not sure if you took my first offer seriously so here it is again. Id be interested in writing for SHIFT. I dont particularly want to go into details about my background so if i sound like someone youre interested in lets set up another mode of communication to discuss further. I do have email etc...

Kevin A. said...

Marcol-

My email is kevin(dot)antcliff(at)gmail(dot)com

Drop me a line.

Rob-

Email me.