6.11.2007

No Complaining

Weigh-In: 297.2
5-Day: 297.48

I told myself that as long as the weight was heading down - no matter how slowly - I wouldn't complain. So, I'm sticking to that. I dropped another two tenths, which is another two tenths I no longer have to worry about. I'll take it over a gain.

Plus, my 5-Day dropped out of the 298's, putting me at a new low. So I really have no reason to complain.

And this is all after a four day stretch where time, severe sunburn, and work kept me from doing anything active. Thursday and Friday I couldn't lift my arms above my shoulders from my stinking burn, and I sure wasn't going back outside in the sunny 80's. So, I chalked those days up to "unfortunate," and I ate clean. Then Saturday was spent with one of Becky's clients, and the day took MUCH longer than we expected. We had to top it off with a quick grocery run at 9PM, then we took the kids home and put them in bed. And we followed shortly.

Yesterday did allow us to get out a little bit. We did some major cleaning around the house, then took the kids to the big park near us, where we walked around the - MAYBE - 1/2 mile lake. We would have gone further, but Beck's blisters were hurting pretty badly. So, we called it a day.

Today I'm back at it. I just did a quick set of push ups before I had my Honey Nut Cheerios. I'll do another two sets after I get my work done this morning, and then even more while the kids nap.

I'm anxious to get the weight out of the 297's. It feels like a mini-plateau. I've been in the 297's for five days. After jumping back up to the 300's last weekend, it feels like I've accomplished very little, though I should give myself credit for fighting back down five pounds in seven days. It wasn't easy.

I also am allowing myself to have a thought I probably shouldn't have. After seeing some new pics Beck and I took yesterday, I've decided, no matter what the websites say, I'm no longer "fat." According to most of those online calculators, I still need to get down to 220. I've been as low as 239, and I looked anorexic. I think 260 is going to be VERY close for me. Anyway, that means I'm 37 pounds overweight. But, as Beck and I noticed last night, I don't LOOK 37 pounds overweight, anymore. I've always been lucky to carry my weight well. Even at 360, it looked like I was no more than 70 or 80 pounds overweight. Now that I have 37 left to go, it looks like I have 15 or 20 to drop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying I'm close to being done, or that I'm content with where I am. No matter how much better I look now compared to 7 months ago, I can and will do and look better. But I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Having to lose 100 pounds seemed so daunting when I started. But now, I have just over 1/3 of that left to go. To me, that's amazing. I'm almost 2/3 of the way to my goal, and I look and feel better than I have since I was married.

Some of you might think this is unwise, but I feel pretty good about myself these days.

4 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely appreciate where you are and where you've come, but don't let yourself 'settle' with 'almost'.

I'm struggling with that myself - I'm getting there, and sometimes I feel like 'almost' is enough - when I know inside that it's not.

Hell, it's crazy that we're even HAVING this conversation.

Kevin A. said...

Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying I'm close to being done, or that I'm content with where I am. No matter how much better I look now compared to 7 months ago, I can and will do and look better.

Like I said, not even close to settling.

Rob Tucker said...

That's what I like to hear. I just know that I've been fighting that struggle of contentment, so I'm glad to see you're not.

Rebecca said...

OH MY GOD!! You sure the hell should feel good about yourself. These days, and every day. The 'feeling good' is part of what motivates you to keep pushing. It's when you feel bad that you eat poorly and make bad choices. Not you per se, but just in general. Please, feel good about yourself. You have so much to be proud of, you've done something that very few people really do, and it sounds like you pressed through a lot of obstacles to do it. I don't even know you and I'm proud of you! Oh, and those calculators and charts and stuff... whatever. They're just guides. They don't take into consideration muscle mass and the like. Find a weight that works for you, and be proud of it.