6.14.2007

Call to Action

Weigh-In: 297.2
5-Day: 297.04 (new low)


I'm noticing a theme around the Coalition over the last week. I'm a victim of it, as well.

Visit any number of Coalition blogs, and I think you'll see it, too. It's frustration, it's complacency, it's satisfaction, it's even a little laziness. Not everybody exhibits all of these issues, but most of us are dealing with at least one of them.

As far as I'm concerned, it's more of a "blah" attitude. I'm not eating awful, and I'm staying very close to my 2,400 calories, but if I go over by a couple hundred, my response is "eh, no biggie." Want to go for a walk? "Eh, I'm good." Do some push ups! "Eh, maybe later."

Maybe we all fit under a similar umbrella, right now - Lack of focus. I think we all know what we're supposed to do, but many of us just aren't doing it like we should. As I look around the Coalition, I see a lot of us dealing with this. The original four, especially. Beck is in the same boat I am, and she's hovering in the 183 range. I'm not as into this as I once was, and I'm hanging around the 297 area. Rob is frustrated that he hasn't budged out of the 293's for a month. Billy was seeking the fire he used to have while he now sits in the 202's.

Listen, we ALL know what to do. We've lost at least 495 pounds as a Coalition. There's no secret formula. There's no special diet. There's no trick. We all got here the same way - Hard work, good eating, smart decisions. We started every day like it was our first day in the transformation. We counted calories. We logged our exercise minutes. We blogged what we did in our workout that day. Nothing has changed. That is STILL the only formula that is going to get us where we want to be.

This is my call to action for FAT. Focus. See your goal, and go after it. Go back to square one - count calories, watch your carbs, eat more fiber, read a Men's Health - whatever you did to get yourself moving, go back to it today.

As hard as it is, forget, just for now, the weight you've lost, and concentrate on the weight you have left. Today is Day One. I have to lose 37 pounds. It starts today.

Focus. Work hard. Don't let yourself get discouraged. Use the Coalition to push you.

We've done this before. Let's do it again.

6 comments:

Ripx180 said...

This is all true.... the fantastic 4 of the FAT coalition must prevail. All us newbies ( at least me) are looking to you all for motivation and inspiration. I read you guys/gals blogs everyday (check them several times a day to see what comments have been left). I am happy to read about your trials and tribulations in your transformation because like everyone else it shows your human and that slip up happen. Heres to seeing Beck in the 170s, Kevin in the 280s, Rob in the 280s, and Billy sub 2 hundy. REPRESENT FAT FANTASICT 4!!!!!

billy said...

I'm back, bitchiz!

That's all I gotta say...

Anonymous said...

I am back into it :)

Rob Tucker said...

The fantastic four, eh?

That makes Beck our own Jessica Alba.

Nice.

As for the focus, I think you're right - we just need to tighten the chin straps and go for it. I'm 'back' as of 2 days ago - my key component that I was missing was the accountability of actually counting, recording and announcing my calorie counts. Let's make a difference, guys.

Marcol said...

Pretty straight forward there Kev! I appreciate that youre keeping it real.

Kristen said...

Kevin, I was just thinking the same thing last night. For a while, my strategy was to lose 3 - 5 lbs in a short period of time, then coast. I've been trying to do this lately, and I've succeeded in losing the weight; however, I have not been coasting like I was before, so it just comes right back. So, last night I was thinking about it and realized that I needed to get back to the nuts and bolts. Reduce my calories and carbs and get active again. That is what will get me to where I want and need to be - not crash dieting.