6.12.2007

Moving Again

Weigh-In: 296.6
5-Day: 297.32

Well, after five days hanging in the 297's, the scale finally hooked me up with a 296.6 today. That number represents another new low in my transformation, and it brings my 5-Day to a new low, as well.

Yesterday was not a great day, but I did alright. A few sets of push ups, playing with the kids, etc. Nothing major.

I did realize something this morning. When I step on the scale in the AM, I'm always thinking the same thing to myself: "OK, be under 300." Now, being under 300 is good, but I feel my daily chant is the sign of a focus issue. I think I'm worried so much about not getting back to that 300, that I'm not concentrating enough on getting out of the 290's.

Recognizing the problem is half of the solution. Now I just need to kick it up another notch. We should be going camping at least once this summer, and there's a ton of water sports - jet ski, boats, wake board, swimming - so I'll have the opportunity to be shirtless. I like the progress I've made so far, but I don't think I am beach ready. Another 10-15 pounds would make a big difference. I think it's time to set a new goal to help me keep my eyes on the prize.

So, I want to get to 285 by the last weekend of July. That gives me about 6 weeks to drop 11 pounds.

No problem.

4 comments:

Ripx180 said...

nice work, your going in the right direction. I think that's a great idea to set new short term goals to do just what you said "keep your eye on the prize".

billy said...

Sounds like a solid, achievable goal. Looking good in general and looking good on the beach are 2 totally different things!!!flaven

Rob Tucker said...

Definitely attainable.

I know that feeling - more fearful of 300 than looking forward to being under 290. Keep it up - you'll get there sooner than you realize.

Marcol said...

Kevin!

11 pounds in 6 weeks is definitely attainable and I'll be cheering you on every step of the way.