6.06.2007

A Message From My Body

This was in my internal inbox this morning:

Kev,

In case you hadn't figured it out, there's something I wanted to share with you. For future reference, I can handle ONE bad meal. I might even be able to deal with a bad meal and a dessert. But this whole "bad weekend" thing? Not so much. You've been spot-on with your eating for three days, and you still can't get out of the 300's. I can only do so much. You shove a 2,000-calorie burger into me, and there's going to be a price to pay.

I know, you did 60-some push ups yesterday, and you walked to the book store, blah, blah, blah. That's not going to do a thing right now. You need to learn your lesson. After you've realized just what damage one bad weekend can do, then we'll talk about letting you out of the 300's.

Until then, deal with that number on the scale. I hope it makes you feel as sick as that burger made me feel.

Love ya,
Your Body

4 comments:

billy said...

It's nice that your body and you communicate so nicely, and cordially, I might add.

At least you know what's going on, and you know how to fix it.

60 pushups? I'm impressed! How many can you do at once? I've been stuck at 28 for a while now... But isn't it great how many we can do now vs. before!?

Kevin A. said...

I'm a 20 guy. I did three sets of 20. My goal is 40, so it's gonna be a while.

billy said...

yeah, it's definitely not something you can do more of each time. 20 seems like the respectable number for a guy to be able to do. And being as big as you are, that number becomes VERY respectable. Nice work!

Rob Tucker said...

Damn, I can't touch 20 straight.

And tell your body that if he DOESNT like it, you're getting tattoos.