4.24.2007

...

Pounds to 299.9: 6.37

Weigh-In: 308.0
5-Day: 306.36

And this is why somebody coined the phrase "Life gets in the way."

No workout yesterday. "Why," you ask? Well, let me tell you.

Around 3:30, yours truly got a migraine headache. They've been coming back more frequently lately, likely because of stress - and there is more than enough to go around right now. So, since I could barely get my head off of the couch, no 24HourFitness last night.

I still have a bit of a headache right now, so I'll hit it with Ibuprofen early and often, and we'll see if I can nip it in the bud today.

If that wasn't upsetting enough, this morning I had a wonderful weigh-in of 308 - up 1.2 pounds from yesterday. I know, "this is what my body does." But that doesn't make it anymore enjoyable. I guess the good news is that, when I hit my big drop, I'll be in the low 304's, or high 303's.

OK, time to vent a little.

I don't know what it is, but I've kind of stopped caring. I still want to lose weight, and I want to be healthy, but it's become far less important to me recently. I'm stressed out. I know that's a big part of it. And being the emotional eater that I am, I want to go back to "Old Kevin" and cover my stress up in food so I can't see it.

In all honesty, the only thing keeping me from eating a ton of junk food right now is the fact that we don't keep any in the house, anymore.

I'm sure this is just a phase. I know that when the stressful situations start to subside, my attitude will change.

I guess I just thought I was stronger than this. I knew "Old Kevin" was capable of falling into the re-assuring arms of food, but I was sure that "New Kevin" would avoid such a pitfall. It's like the last six months have taught me next to nothing. Had there been a box of Little Debbie's here last night, it would be gone this morning. And it bothers me that I'd still resort to those means.

But I do find some comfort in the fact that there ISN'T any junk food here. Six months ago, that would not have been the case. So, I've made enough of a change to keep those things from being easily accessible to me. And that's what I'm hanging my hat on this morning.

It's been a pretty crappy week so far, and it's only Tuesday. There are two ways to look at that. One, it's going to be a long, crappy week. Or, Two, there's still a lot of time to salvage this week.

So, I'm going to try to salvage it the best I can.

3 comments:

Rob Tucker said...

This is the time where you have to ask yourself if you're doing this for a lifetime, or if you're doing this for a 'fun thing to do for a while', and then fall back into what your past life was.

Think about how you feel now, and then think about how you felt about yourself when you started.

What's more important to you? Being lazy and fat, or fighting through the not-so-easy parts and truly having a rewarding life?

I don't mean to be harsh, but this is something I've fought myself with a few times. The bottom line is, if you quit not, you fail. I've never known you to be that guy.

Suz said...

Wow, I can't add anything that Rob and Billy didn't already say, they both said it so well.

You've got so much going for you, and having Beck there to cheer you on and doing this thing with you is one of the greatest things!

We all feel this way, but it took you 20-something years to become old Kevin, but new Kevin is still growing and becoming.

Lacy said...

Give yourself some more credit... if you're anything like me, the "old Lacy" would have went to the store and bought some junk food if I wanted it and it wasn't in the house. Sure, you didn't eat it because it wasn't around, but technically it was still available, and you avoided that temptation. It shows me you really have changed. Like Billy said, there is a difference between "wanting" and "doing", and the fact that you didn't "do" says a lot.