4.23.2007

The Run to 299 - Day 15

Pounds to 299.9: 6.3

Weigh-In: 306.8
5-Day: 306.2

Today begins the Ten Days of Torture. We'll be headed to 24Hour after dinner tonight, and every night for the next 10 days.

Here's my weight routine for the next 10 days. The weights will likely change, as I'm not really sure where I'm at to start this off.

Dumbbell Bench Press
45#/Arm
3 Sets of 8-12 reps

Seated Row
140#
3 Sets of 8-12 reps

Dumbbell Shoulder Press
40#/Arm
3 Sets of 8-12 reps

Dips
2 Sets of 6-10 reps

Squats
50# resistance
2 sets of 6-10

Cable Torso Rotation
60# resistance
12-15 Reps each direction

Crunches from Hell
20# resistance

Hopefully that gets some things growing over the next 10 days.

As for my cardio, I'll be trying several different things. HIIT walking/jogging/running on Tuesday, Jump Rope/Swimming on Thursday, Stationary bike on Saturday, Full-Court hoops on Monday (I hope), and on the last day, I'm not sure. Maybe the elliptical, though I hate those damn things.

In other news, Becky got the sweet freelance gig, and she'll likely be getting another, bigger job when this one is finished, so we'll be purchasing three months at Jab Boxing here in North Denver. Here are the three classes I'll be taking part in over that time:

BOXING
Our trainers will show you the ropes and take you through the same exercises & drills used by competitive boxers to get in top shape.(60 min)

CIRCUIT BOXING
A boxing workout that utilizes almost all the equipment in the gym. (60 min)

SPARRING / INTRO-SPARRING
Step into the ring and learn how to box toe to toe. No experience necessary for into-sparring!
Mouthpiece required. (60/30 min)

So, needless to say, today is the beginning of a pretty exciting stretch. I honestly feel that I can be under 299 by the time this first 10 days is up, and I believe that after the first 4-6 weeks of boxing, Beck and I will both be seeing and feeling some amazing differences.

Here's hoping!

Now, go get your sexy on.

5 comments:

billy said...

Love the new look! Thats great news about the boxing gym- should be a blast.

Lacy said...

Way-to-go on the self-induced torture :) Best of luck on your 10-day stretch... I can't wait to hear about the great results!

Suz said...

Can't wait to hear more about your new 10-day torture trek :O)

I'll bet you'll be down to the 200's in no time .

Anonymous said...

That's awesome dude. You be a dangerous man with some boxing skillz.

Just try to let your opponent know you affection for certain former members of kinda gay boy bands. LOL.

Rob Tucker said...

TJ, I don't even wanna know.

So, how'd day #1 go? Looking forward to reading tomorrow's blog.