4.04.2007

Fluctuations v4.0

Wow.

This really pisses me off.

Today's Weigh-In: 312.5
5-Day: 310.6

So, I gained half a pound in my 5-day becuase I gained THREE pounds in my weigh-in.

Now, there were some things working against me yesterday. For one, I didn't do anything active besides play with the kids and clean the house a little. No walk, no pushups. Bad, Kevin.

For another, last night was our cheat meal night. We decided to have one less-than-perfect meal in the middle of the week in the hopes that it would A. Help our zig-zag, and 2, Kick our metabolism up a notch. Nothing too bad - just a little outside our normal meal. We had homemade pizza on a fat-free and cholesterol-free crust. After toppings (canadian bacon and cheese), each piece was about 180 calories. I had 5 pieces, putting my total for the day at just over 2,000 calories. After adding in a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios for an evening snack, I topped out just over 2,300 calories.

Lastly, I only had two glasses of water yesterday - maybe 20 ounces total. I hate water unless I'm extremely thirsty, so it's tough for me to drink 64+ ounces just to drink it.

That said, whenI lost my 5 pounds two weeks ago, I was drinking 64-80 ounces per day. Guess I need to force it down.

All-in-all, it's just frustrating. To see a 312.5 on that scale just crushed me. I really felt that I was done with those types of numbers, but I really should have known better, I guess. My body does this to me all the time. I can hear my fat talking to itself now...

"Guys? We have a problem. Kevin is almost under 310. If he drops below 310, there's no telling what he's going to do to us next. We've already lost many of our friends along the way, and I don't want to lose any more than we have to. My plan? Simple. Let's kidnap some water and hold it hostage. He'll weigh himself in the morning, see he went up three pounds, and it's off to the Little Debbie's! We can do this! Fat Foreverrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!"

Or something like that.

What the fat doesn't know is that a few months ago, I might have done just that. But I've grown up a little since then. I don't see this as a dead-end, I see it as a detour. I'll take the long way around to get to where I'm going, but I won't turn around.

That's not how I roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Special Slimming Kevin Announcement

Check back later today, and I'll be making an announcement that could impact every member of the FAT Coalition in the future. I'd make it now, but I want it to have it's own post.

Also, I notice a lot of you call FAT "Fat And Trim". That makes no sense. You can't be fat and trim. Actually, it stands for "FIT And Trim."

See you back here later today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I feel your pain. I didn't realize you had a mini episode of Saving Private Fat going on in your body. Cool.

We'll get there. Apparently, it's going to take a couple years longer than we thought, but we'll get there.

Anonymous said...

A Few Good Muscles...

Son, we live in a body that has muscles, and those muscles have to be guarded by protein with water. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. FatCell? I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for the fat, and you curse the muscles. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That fat cell's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that muscle, you need me on that muscle. We use words like pump, HIIT, cardio. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a cell who rises and sleeps under the skin of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a dumbell, and start to lift. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Kevin A. said...

Wow. That took some time.

I'm impressed.

But I CAN handle the truth.

billy said...

hahaha can we get the "This Summer..." movie announcer guy to make your teaser announcement....

Rob Tucker said...

Too funny!