4.18.2007

The Run to 299 - Day 10



I know my body does this, but it still frustrates the crap outta me.

Pounds to 299.9: 8.13

Today's Weigh-In: 307.4

5-Day: 308.12


I started my Run to 299 with 8.33 pounds to go, and I went as low as 7.33 three days later. Now, thanks to weigh-ins of 308.2, 309.0, 309.6 and today's 307.4, my 5-day has gone up .8 pounds in the last four days. These weigh-ins followed up my 306.4 and 306.2. Essentially, I've done a near 180 this week after getting very close to the 305 mark last week.

I don't know if we'll ever fully understand why our bodies do the things they do. I do wish I could just sit down with an expert and have him or her tell me exactly why my body feels the need to do this to me.

Of course, they'd probably tell me just to accept that this is how my body operates, and to be patient. Well, I do understand that, and I'm trying to be patient. But when you put on a pound every other week so you can lose two pounds every other week, it gets frustrating.

If I were putting on one to lose four, no problem. I've lost 3.5 pounds in the last 24 days. Over that 3-week period, I put weight on three different times. Had I not had to deal with weight gain from these fluctuations, I could have been as low as 303 at the pace I started out on.

I know that slow weight loss is better than no weight loss, but it doesn't make dealing with these 3-5 day fluctiations any easier.

I'm hoping that today's 307.4 is a sign that I'm on the back end of this round, but I won't know until later today or tomorrow morning. I have a scale addiction at times like this, so I'll likely weigh myself a good 3-5 times today to see what the trend is. When I'm headed back in the right direction after a gain like this, I usually lose weight through the day, and end up with a great weigh-in the next morning. I guess we'll see.

Until then, I'll try to keep my eyes fixed on my goal. Wanting to be better, stronger and faster is all that's keeping me going at this point.

2 comments:

Suz said...

I completely get where you're coming from - I've been stuck on the same number since Saturday. No amount of zig-zagging or water drinkage or exercise is budging it.

I'm not so close to a major milestone like you are, though. So I'm sure it's 100 times more frustrating!!

Unknown said...

My husband has had this happen and in fact had a weight gain for awhile, even though we were eating the same things! We found he actually needed to eat a bit more, and it worked. Today he finally dropped down to 303.6 after hovering right around where you are.

You'll get there!